Human Resources Advisor
Position Title: Human Resources (HR) Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Chain Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Human Resources Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to creation of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
- Support confirmation of all new hire paperwork is submitted, and personnel files are complete and compliant with PSM policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project and relevant PSM policies to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into the PSM culture
- Maintain accurate timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the correct approval
- Ensure personnel and recruitment files are maintained according to the requirement, ensure confidentiality and safety of the data
- Work closely with assigned supervisor on communication to staff and labor law compliance, and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
- Manage and administer benefits according to appropriate plans and labor laws requirements, bring any requirement changes or suggestions for improvement to Operations Director or assigned managers attention
- Assist in management of employee benefits, such as insurance, liaising with companies providing such benefits as needed to ensure quality services provided
- Ensure project compliance with local labor laws by conducting regular audits, and keeping updated on local labor laws and HR best practices
- Advise on disciplinary process ensuring all actions taken comply with local labor laws and PSM policies, and loop in appropriate Home Office department if necessary
- Manage annual assessment process and ensure procedures are communicated and followed
- Work with employees and supervisors to prevent and/or resolve employee relations issues in coordination with Global HR and Office of Business Conduct (OBC). Investigate allegations of wrongdoing, i.e: sexual harassment, harassment, fraud
- Ensure employee manual is up to date, communicate changes when applicable
- Ensure all HR management practices conform to the project’s and PSM’ policies, best practices, USAID rules and regulations, and the local labor laws
- Interpret and advise staff on PSM, USAID, and federal compliance policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or advance diploma in HR management, project administration, project management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR for medium to large development projects and/or organizations
- Experience working for a USAID implementer in Nigeria highly preferred
- Knowledgeable on Nigeria labor laws, personnel benefits and taxes required; ability to interpret local labor laws, previous experience interacting with labor counsel preferred
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
The Human Resources Advisor will report to the Senior Human Resources Manager or his/her designee.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to apply
Qualified Applicants should click the link below to view the JD/scope of work and apply.