Human Resources and Admin Officer at International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform retention procedures including storing of documents and record-keeping, maintaining strictest confidentiality of HR documents and data.
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
- Manage the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
Schedule Interviews and Confirm Attendance of Candidate(s):
- Confirm applicant’s references
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
- Ensuring smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
- Assist in providing information on employee benefits, program and education.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained.
- Provide direction to staff recruitment and employment
- Preparation/processing of monthly national staff payroll
- Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
- Ensure all staff details are upload on IMC internal systems for payroll and time sheet
- Maintain and accurately track staff leave
- Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
- Ensure compliance to regulations including personnel policies and records, employee laws and issues:
- Overseeing employee health and safety procedures
- Updating job requirements when needed
- Overseeing social events.
- HR Staff corps cohesion and inclusion:
- Study the social, cultural and ethnic specifies and the values and customs of the country of operation
- Promote team activities, peaceful conflict resolution and wellbeing initiatives.
- Champion employee assistance programs and promote mental and physical health and resilience activities.
- Be an active participant in security assessment and vigorously support the security function to communicate effectively.
- Embody the duty of care and exhibit a moral and/or legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others.
- Cover all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements
- Advise on organization benefit needs or evaluating benefit contract bids
- Be a resource for IMC employees and assist management in addressing employee concerns Review procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Represent the organization in meetings, at the community level and in recruiting events
Required Qualifications / Minimum Requirements Standards
- Bachelor's Degree in fields related to Human Resources, Administration and Management.
- Professional Certifications (CIPM, SHRM, CIPD, etc. an advantage)
- 3 years of experience in human resources or related position.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to mentor and lead HR team and IMC staff
- Clear understanding and commitment to organization’s mission and goals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and professional attitude.
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, Excel, Email and utilization of the internet.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts.
- No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved.
- Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award.
- IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements.
- These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications addressed to "the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps" via to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 29th July, 2022.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered