Human Resources and Admin Officer
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Human Resources and Admin Officer,
Job ID — MDG/HR/01
Position: Nigerian nationals only
International Medical Corps provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self-reliance. To learn more about our mission visit: https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are**
The Human Resources (HR) Officer will facilitate new hires for the organization including recruitment, screening, recruiting, interviewing, and employee placement. He/she will on-board new employees, and guide them through the complicated process of compliance, benefits and compensation. Because HR represents both the employee and the organization, the Human Resources Officer must be well-organized when performing administrative and strategic hiring duties. He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring IMC’s HR policies and procedures are in compliance with all state, and federal labor regulations.**
· Perform retention procedures including storing of documents and record keeping, maintaining strictest confidentiality of HR documents and data.
· Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
· Manage the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
· Schedule interviews and confirm attendance of candidate(s).
- Confirm applicant’s references
· Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
· Ensuring smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
· Assist in providing information on employee benefits, program and education.
· Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained.
· Provide direction to staff recruitment and employment
· Preparation/processing of monthly national staff payroll
· Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
· Ensure all staff details are upload on IMC internal systems for payroll and time sheet
· Maintain and accurately track staff leave
· Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
· Ensure compliance to regulations including personnel policies and records, employee laws and issues.
- Overseeing employee health and safety procedures
- Updating job requirements when needed
- Cover all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements
- Advise on organization benefit needs or evaluating benefit contract bids
- Be a resource for IMC employees and assist management in addressing employee concerns Review procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Represent the organization in meetings, at the community level and in recruiting events
- Overseeing social events.
HR Staff corps cohesion and inclusion:
· Study the social, cultural and ethnic specifies and the values and customs of the country of operation
· Promote team activities, peaceful conflict resolution and wellbeing initiatives.
· Champion employee assistance programs and promote mental and physical health and resilience activities.
· Be an active participant in security assessment and vigorously support the security function to communicate effectively.
· Embody the duty of care and exhibit a moral and/or legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff
International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported/by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved. Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Bachelor’s degree in fields related to Human Resources, Administration and Management.
Professional Certifications (CIPM, NIM, etc. an advantage)
· 3 years of experience in human resources or related position.
· Organized and efficient in daily tasks
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
· Goal-oriented, organized team player
· Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
· Able to mentor and lead HR team and IMC staff
· Clear understanding and commitment to organization’s mission and goals
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and professional attitude
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to apply:
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Country Director, International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Candidates MUST state the position, location and Job ID — ( MDG/HR/01) they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.