Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Administration) at Banyan Global
Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Administration)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, the task order is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
- Targeted interventions will contribute to (1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and (2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self-reliance. This activity will contribute to the achievement of Nigeria Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective (DO) 2 A Healthier, Better Educated Population in Targeted States and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 Utilization of Quality Health Services in Targeted Areas and Population Groups Increased.
- The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Administration) is based in Abuja and reports to the Finance Manager. The HRH Assistant (Administration) will work closely with the Abuja and State offices to ensure proper controls are in place. This position will also work with the team to ensure that HWM activities are efficiently and effectively conducted.
- Assists with the organization of meetings and events on- and off-site as directed, which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution
- Provide support to the grant under contract (GUC) activities.
Travel and Logistics:
- Ensure smooth operations at the Abuja office and coordinate travel logistic support required by Abuja and State offices
- Allocating office vehicles and car hire vendor to staff for official assignment and processing approval of fueling cards for project vehicles
- Ensure in-country travel logistics for international short-term technical assistance (STTA)
- Work with the security team by providing journey management updates as required
- Provide guidance and direction to the driver and monitor performance
- Provide instruction on vehicle use in accordance with policy
- Any other task assigned by supervisor consistent with the scope of this position.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social or Management Sciences
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following document below to: [email protected] Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications and a cover letter.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.