Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Programs) at Banyan Global
Banyan Global is a woman-owned small business and international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC and has program operations and activities in over 15 countries around the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, youth, finance and investment, enterprise development, health, and evaluation and learning.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Programs)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Banyan Global is the prime recipient of the Nigeria Health Workforce Management (HWM) Activity in Nigeria. It is a five-year task order to support the establishment of a cost-effective, well trained, and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Ebonyi, Kebbi, and Sokoto States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). By its conclusion, the task order is expected to increase the production of new health workers competent to respond to current and future population health needs in these locations by 100,000; improve the distribution and skill mix of front-line workers to meet specific local demands; and strengthen the capacity of pre-service institutions to adopt and apply innovative education approaches.
- Targeted interventions will contribute to (1) improved management of maternal, child, and newborn health conditions and (2) increased responsiveness to community health needs. USAID will support the Government of Nigeria’s (GON’s) commitment to plan, recruit, train, manage, and retain its primary healthcare (PHC) workforce as the country advances on its journey to self-reliance. This activity will contribute to the achievement of Nigeria Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective (DO) 2 A Healthier, Better Education Population in Targeted States and Intermediate Result (IR) 2.1 Utilization of Quality Health Services in Targeted Areas and Population Groups Increased.
- The Human Resources for Health (HRH) Assistant (Programs) is based in Abuja and reports to the Program Officer. The HRH Assistant (Programs) will work closely with the Program Officer and Finance and Administration Team to ensure that the program activities are adequately monitored and documented. This position will also work with the team to ensure that the project activities are of high quality and adhere to global standards, national policies, and best practices on HR systems strengthening. The position will also ensure the adaptation and integration of emerging knowledge and innovative solutions within HWM activities.
- Support the Program Officer to plan, track and implement the Grants under Contract (GUC) activities
- Support the Program Officer to monitor workplan activity implementation by tracking activity progress and preparing regular reports on activity status
- Support the Program Officer to prepare regular activity reports for leadership and for USAID as necessary
- Support the Program Officer and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to track project indicators
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders
- Properly file or otherwise document trip reports, scheduled meetings, and project deliverables
- Work with the Program Officer and Finance and Administrative Team to generate monthly project burn rate trackers for partners and contribute to reports and discussions on how to tackle issues if they occur
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the Sciences, Public Health, Social Work, or Community Development or related field or a Bachelor’s degree in the Humanities
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English
- Ability to work well on a team.
Application Closing Date
16th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit the following document below to: [email protected] Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume / CV:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications and a cover letter.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.