Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist at the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organization was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative …
Read more about this company
Human Resources for Health (HRH) Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
- The HRH Specialist will be a thought leader with a broad range of experience and expertise who can efficiently manage their work, exercise discretion, and deliver results with aggressive timelines.
- (S)he will oversee the HRH aspect of projects and provide technical leadership and facilitation, team and project management, research, knowledge management and communication.
- The overall goal is to ensure maximum impact results and guarantee excellent relationships with federal and state government and donors.
Dutes and Responsibilities
- Identify and develop key relationships with stakeholders in the health sector, government, and donors.
- Provide technical support to the Federal and State government and relevant agencies in all aspects of human resources for health.
- Serve as a liaison for stakeholders in the targeted states.
- Maintain a database of stakeholder contact information.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, conferences, and forums relevant to financial management in health, including budget planning and review processes, state and partner work planning with donors.
- Lead the creation and implementation of HRH studies, assessments, and knowledge-generation activities designed to identify specific interventions applicable to the target states.
- Implement priority interventions, the scope of work and activities in the PHC MOU to strengthen HRH management and planning.
- Research, identify and propose retention strategies, governance, and policy initiatives for health worker shortages in target states.
- Manage the HRIS system to track data and provide insights into policies and initiatives in target states.
- Develop and conduct new programs and other initiatives with approval from the Director of HSS.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned and/or required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or its international equivalent or higher in Public Health, Health Systems, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, or other relevant field preferred, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Five years’ experience in designing and implementing health systems strengthening programs and HRH activities focused on improving healthcare quality and healthcare workers’ retention.
- Proven cultural, social, and political sensitivity of working in Nigeria with different levels of government, donors, and non-profit sectors.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
Method of Application
Note: This role is open to interested individuals within and outside of Nigeria.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) on career2.successfactors.eu to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love