Job title: Human Resources Mobility Assistant
Company: Action Against Hunger
Job description: Company Overview
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe.
We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection.
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming.
In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria programme is supported by FCDO, ECHO, GAC, BHA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, AFD, SIDA and GFFO.
Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Human Resources Mobility Assistant who will be responsible for overall day-to-day management and communication; facilitating staff movement and accommodation (hotel and guesthouse) bookings; office and guesthouse supplies maintenance; support in organizing office meetings and staff welfare activities; liaise with finance for vendor payments (travel and hotel).
Reporting to: Human Resources Administrator
Proposed start date: August 2022
Work location: Abuja, FCT.
Starting Basic Salary: 183,056 NGN per month (excluding other benefits)
- Receive all Nigerian mission visitors at the front desk, and ensure that the desk is covered at all times;
- Ensure smooth operations in the reception, conference room and waiting lobby;
- Manage the reception and ensure lobby area is clean and presentable at all times through the office cleaner;
- Maintain an updated Nigeria Mission staff contact list and constant companion;
- Organize business cards for relevant full time staff in the mission;
- Schedule briefings for all incoming international staff, visitors and consultants;
- Support HR and Logistics in flight bookings and road movement for all staff as directed;
- Update the mission movement board on a weekly basis;
- Arrange for hotel or guesthouse accommodation bookings for visiting staff in Abuja;
- Liaise with logistics and finance to ensure that Action Against Hunger international visitors are provided a phone, airtime, sim card, per diem and security envelope on arrival;
- Ensure sufficient supply of office and guesthouse cleaning supplies and materials and work with HR to replenish them on a quarterly basis;
- On monthly basis share hotel invoice and travel agent tracker with Finance;
- Include all necessary documents for payment facilitation i.e. boarding passes, tickets, hotel guest bill, invoice etc;
- Follow up on collection of cheques for payment of vendors;
- Manage the submission of monthly statements for UNHAS travel and ensure UNHAS account is topped up regularly.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management or equivalent year of experience;
- Experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions, 1+ years;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Strong office administration experience or front office experience in a busy environment;
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, 10th August, 2022.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Abuja, FCT
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 04:30:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!