Humanitarian Aid Advisor
Idmibok International, also known as 360 HSDC is a health community-based organization registered in Nigeria, that works in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical health, institutional and development related issues. 360 HSDC achieves this by collaborating with global and local development and private entities, such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations and the private sector. The organization has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in emergency environments, humanitarian activities and development in diverse environments and ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
The Humanitarian Aid Advisor will work in close collaboration with the other units in 360HSDC and support coordination with the humanitarian community (government and other stakeholders) to ensure efficient flow of information, effective coordination, advocacy and reporting.**
· Assists in the design and preparation of information and analysis on humanitarian issues, disaster, emergency relief and related issues.
· Monitors, researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources on assigned topics/issues, including trends in conflict, humanitarian needs and humanitarian response in Nigeria, and brings together key stakeholders to inform analysis, as required.
· Leads the process of preparing various written documents, e.g. draft sections of 360HSDC’s internal and external information products (such as Situation Reports or Humanitarian Bulletins), proposals, studies, background papers, policy guidelines or related documents.
· Assists in the production of appeals for international assistance, including thorough compilation of relevant information and analysis on the humanitarian situation and response in Nigeria
· Develops and maintains reference/resource information on specific topics or policy-related issues; responds to various inquiries and information requests internally and externally
· Assists in the organization of meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops, etc. with other agencies and partners to facilitate exchanges of professional expertise and views on specific humanitarian-related subjects/issues, including analysis of the situation in Nigeria; serves as reporter to such events.
· Maintains awareness and analysis of current humanitarian affairs and related issues, to include relevant political, policy, gender considerations or other developments in specific subject area, country or region concerned.
· Serves as the primary focal point on specific topics or policy-related issues; keeps abreast of latest developments, liaises with other humanitarian organizations, donors, etc., to ensures appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms; provides information and advice on a range of related issues
· Assist in project design and implementation in the following focus areas Climate action, Disaster risk reduction, Gender equality, Nutrition, Shelter, Social protection and safety nets, Sustainable
· Supporting the desk and field teams in identifying critical medical and humanitarian concerns based on political, contextual, health policy and systems analysis
· Guiding the development and implementation of advocacy strategies to address the issues identified and leverage a positive change for the patients and communities which 360HSDC serves
· Builds and maintains relationships with NGOs, governmental officials and other stakeholders to ensure effective exchange and dissemination of reports and all relevant information
· Developing and maintaining relevant networks, bringing relevant thinking into the organization;
· Monitoring trends in the field of humanitarian and medical action and stimulate thinking and responses in collaboration with the Public Health Department and Operations
· Participates in technical assistance, disaster assessment or other missions, if required.
· Other duties as assigned
· A first-level university degree (advanced university degree preferred) in public health, political science, social science, international studies, public administration, communication, public information, information management, or a related field is required.
· A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
· 4 years’ experience in writing and development of proposals
· Strong analytical and advisory skills
· Excellent Information Communication and Technology (ICT) and report writing skills.
· Knowledge of Information Management (IM)
· Ability to build networks and partnerships and capacity to work in a team
· Balances meeting deadlines, while maintaining high professional standards and accuracy
· Demonstrates the highest level of discretion in a manner that promotes a positive working environment
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject, E.g “Humanitarian Aid Advisor”.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2020
Address your Cover Letter to:
The Recruitment Team,
Idmibok International (360HSDC),
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.