Hygiene Promoter / Community Mobilization Team Leader at Solidarites International
Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter / Community Mobilization Team Leader
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
- The Team Leader will coordinate a team of Hygiene Promoters and Community Mobilizers in order to carry out community mobilization activities, ensuring that Solidarités International’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of Main Tasks
- Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers…)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her line manager
- Facilitate creative workshops and the creation of new HP tools adapted to the context (in consultation with his/her line manager)
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her line manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / Communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Ensure that of all beneficiary justification documents are properly collected, organised and passed on to his/her line manager.
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Minimum of a B.Sc. or HND in Social Sciences
- 2-3 years’ experience in humanitarian activity with minimum 18 months in an emergency project.
- He/she is in charge to create awareness of the Solidarités International programs throughout targeted communities.
- The community mobilizer could be asked to take part to training or distribution activities
- He/she participates in monitoring the implemented activities and assessing new needs
- He/she participates in the collection of data, mapping and general information on communities and in the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities
- Experience to lead various capacity building initiatives with strong facilitation skil
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must be fluent in one of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa)
- He/she has Good computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel).
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select “Hygiene Promoter / Community Mobilization Team Leader – Maiduguri”, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.