In-house Senior Media Relations Officer at Clients Oasis Limited
Clients Oasis Limited – We are a business consulting company in the United States with a Branch in Nigeria, branching out into other areas like real estate. We are actively looking for smart young people to join our growing team who can make valuable contributions and be rewarded accordingly in return.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: In-House Senior Media Relations Officer
The Ideal Candidate
- Clients Oasis/HomeApp Limited is looking to hire a dependable Senior Media Relations Officer who is responsible for positioning, promoting, and protecting the company and its clients’ reputation by developing and executing media and public relations strategies – monitoring and tracking media coverage; organizing media briefings and press conferences; managing crisis communications; media coaching; and serving as official company spokesperson.
- He/She must establish and implement strategic communications plans; and develops, writes messaging for press releases and pitches, talking points, social media accounts, speeches, media statements, op-eds, letters to the editor, etc.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as the Lead in developing, implementing, and measuring external and internal media-based communication plans.
- Serve as a first contact person for all media queries- Manage day-to-day media relations/media requests for the company and its clients.
- Collaborate with team members in a timely manner to determine appropriate media responses via various channels.
- Develop written materials including press kits, articles, and publications, media standby statements on brand and corporate issues as required.
- Update company’s website with weekly media content.
- Build relationships with key media contacts and identify opportunities to proactively pitch brand and incorporate stories across all media.
- Help oversee client’s brief from kick off through to completion with media relations support.
- Provide guidance and direction on all matters related to media relations for the company and its clients and review all Brand PR materials to ensure communication is accurate, relevant, and consistent and meets the overall goal.
- Create, coordinate, evaluate the effectiveness of in-house media programs and communicate results back to business.
- Must provide monthly media reports for the company and clients.
- Serve as senior editor and provide communications content for Intranet.
- Responsible for daily News Briefs processes.
- Invite and coordinate media during events – press conferences, junkets, etc.
- Provide effective crisis management solutions in times of need.
- Conduct research and analyze public opinion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Brand PR programs to support brand-building initiatives/innovation/corporate promotions.
Senior Media Relations Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field. M.A Degree is a plus.
- 5- 6 years experience working in a Media Relations role or in Public Relations.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both regional and international level.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, internet, wire services, media monitoring software, and other public relation tools.
- Demonstrated success with Social Media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and others is a plus.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment and see a project through to completion.
- Must have the ability to be an influential communications consultant within the organization.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with a team.
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality, with a high level of accuracy regarding information.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Must have a strong database of media contacts.
- Impeccable Communications Skill.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Dropbox & Google Drive.
- Awareness of Local & International Media Landscape.
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making.
- Business Development foresight.
- High energy.
- Networking and Relationship Building.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Good Problem Solving Skills.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.