JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the IT Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The IT Advisor is responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure through regular upkeep, security checks, and upgrades to maintain optimal systems and network performance. This individual will also be responsible for troubleshooting IT issues as they arise and advise on how new technologies can be used to implement activities in each work plan
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide Level 2 technical support to project personnel on a timely basis
- Communicate to project personnel proper use of IT system and provide training as required
- Assist IT Manager in establishing and implementing security policies and procedures (Antivirus, routine back-up system, firewall, encryption, etc.)
- Work with IT team to install project IT system and servers
- Maintain and manage hardware, software and connectivity aspects of all project systems for information and communications technology.
- Conduct maintenance of systems monthly, in accordance with IT procedures.
- Assist in implementing network administration (Users and Groups, Rights Assignment, Active Directory (AD) Maintenance, Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamic AX, etc.)
- Setup and configuration of new computer systems and associated IT hardware
- Assist IT Manager in the monitoring of servers to confirm that they are running in good health.
- Assist the IT Manager in the management and installation of Information Technology Infrastructure
- Administer and monitor systems and network performances.
- Assist with the roll out of new applications and information technology technical procedures
- Assist with the development of training guide and instruction materials for information technology hardware and software.
- Prioritize and manage multiple helpdesk cases and resolve issue escalated from Level 1 support
- Assist in database management and administration
- Perform additional tasks as required by the IT Manager and project leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology or BEng. Computer Engineering
- Professional certification as CCNA and MCSE (Other professional certifications are an added advantage)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a technical environment (with diverse platforms is an added advantage)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite in a technical support environment.
- Proficiency with networking technologies and diverse specification of printer support is required.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software problems.
- Proficiency in research/application and understanding technical documentation
- Proficient skill in responding effectively to technical inquiries or complaints.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
The IT Advisor will report directly to the IT Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How to apply
Qualified Applicants should click the link below to view the JD/scope of work and apply.