Information Technology (Service) Operations Assistant at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (Service) Operations Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
Contract: 6-months renewable contract
- Work along with other SPOC (Single Point of Contact) to receive and record all request/issues / complaints / incidents from end-user.
- Assign tickets already logged via the institutional helpdesk – SysAid to the available ServiceDesk Analyst.
- Log, receive and respond to incident/request/problem on SysAid.
- Follow-up on all tickets assigned and from end-user to completion and resolutions.
- Ensure that all requests and enquiries on IT matters and activities are promptly attended to and closed correctly with the appropriate response to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Work with end-users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Assess malfunctions of computer hardware of software applications to determine appropriate actions to maintain computer and network operations.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- OND in Computer Science / Engineering, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Information
- Technology, or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good client relation and management, customer services relation and the knowledge Microsoft Client technologies management (Wins 7, 8, 10, 11).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2022.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.