Interior Designer at Artee Group
Artee Group – The story of SPAR, can’t be told without mentioning Artee Group. Over the past 30 years, Artee Industries Limited has grown from very humble beginnings to become one of the fastest-growing business conglomerates in Nigeria. The story started in 1988, with the opening of a small supermarket store measuring 120 m2 in Lagos under the Park ’n’ Shop banner. Today, its business spreads from retail to real estate, shopping malls and manufacturing, rightly gaining popularity as Artee Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interior Designer
Location: MIL Furniture Factory, Isolo, Lagos
- This is a multi-faceted role in a large manufacturing facility that has been in operation for over 15 years.
- The role is challenging and has plenty of opportunities to expand your experience.
- With immediate effect upon joining the team, you will be part of an ongoing project to renovate the existing furniture showrooms in Lagos.
- You will work closely with the senior management to develop floor plans and mood boards for the new showrooms.
- You will work closely with the project team to ensure that the showroom renovation project is being executed and delivered on time and as per the design plan.
- You will be part of the process to design and put into practice SOPs for the showrooms. I.e. seasonally changing the window displays, how to drape and dress the bed displays etc.
- You will periodically offer training to the showroom Sales reps. On design concepts, raw materials etc to equip them to make sales confidently.
- You will rotate between showrooms periodically to meet clients and stay attuned with what the clients need and want and offer them support on their interior design doubts.
- You will lead the design process and develop new furniture collections for our home furniture categories.
- This includes preparing moodboards, preparing technical drawings of the furniture, selecting and shortlisting raw materials and working closely with the production team to develop seasonal ranges of furniture that are stylish, functional and cost-effective.
- You will also work closely with the sales team and accompany them to client meetings.
- You will help the sales team to provide different clients with deliverable design solutions (in the form of mood boards, space plans and at times drawings of bespoke furniture items) by applying the client’s brand and visual identity standards across their facilities.
The ideal candidate:
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / HND qualification with at least 4 years of work experience.
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign or other design software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite, specifically Word & Excel.
- Some experience already gained in commercial space planning
- Good colour sense and strong knowledge of raw materials involved in furniture production
- Have the ability to communicate pleasantly and professionally with both staff and clients
- Possess an enthusiastic interest in design and creativity
- Be self-motivated and committed to achieving personal and company missions and visions
- Have a good understanding of budgeting and accounting.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail – verbal & written
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a design-based course ie. Interior Design
- Excellent organizational skills plus the ability to multitask and prioritise projects to meet deadlines
- N180,000 – N250,000 monthly gross pay.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.