Internal Audit and Control Manager at Creditville Limited
Creditville Limited is an asset management company and a private lending institution registered in Nigeria. Creditville target customer base includes individuals on paid employment and SMEs in Nigeria. Creditville operates as a viable institution by hinging its services and operations on global best practices.
Read more about this company
Internal Audit and Control Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
JOB SUMMARY: To provide an independent guarantee that an organisation’s risk management, governance and control processes are operating effectively. Monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how business is running and if internal processes are working optimally and also provide consulting advice to management on how to improve organisational systems and processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out audit of service centres/branches and Head Office (H/O) departments regularly.
- Carry out spot checks on service centres/branches and H/O units depending on the risk profile of the unit.
- Develop yearly audit plan and obtain Board of Directors’ approval.
- Conduct regular spot checks on high risk departments to support full audit exercise.
- Report exceptions and make corrective recommendations.
- Enforce compliance with organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Verify monthly and periodic regulatory returns and ensure completeness and reliability.
- Co-ordinate examinations by external auditors, and monitor the regularization of issues raised by these bodies.
- Conduct periodic review of all operating systems, software, hardware, network and various application systems.
- Assess the adequacy of risk management and oversight on existing or new technology systems and outsourced activities.
- Conduct prompt investigation on frauds and forgeries and Customer complaints.
- Conduct prompt investigation where there is breach of policy, procedure, regulation and Code of Conduct.
- Continuously assess, evaluate, and report to Management on the adequacy or otherwise of controls in all areas of the organisation’s operations, procedures and processes and recommend suitable improvement requirements.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new processes/projects.
- Advise on key aspects of organisation activity fueled by the need for objectivity and impartiality.
- Make control-related recommendations on specific major projects or plans.
B.Sc. (Business related degree/Accounting/Law/Science) Professional qualification in related discipline i.e. ICAN, ICEN, ANAN, etc.
Over 7 years relevant experience in Risk Management, Audit and Control functions
- Attention to Details
- Performance Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Multi-tasking disposition
- Satisfactory Customer Service Disposition
- Independent Minded
- Interpersonal relationship
- Multi-Disciplinary disposition
- Retentive memory
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Timeliness and quality of reports and returns.
- Savings in operating budget.
- % of fraud/losses over previous year’s position.
- Unresolved Audit, inspection or regulatory exceptions.
- Undetected IT security lapses & systems defects.
- Undetected system generated income leakages.
- Number of fraud awareness campaign disseminated to staff.
- Number of fraud preventive measures recommended for management approval.
- Zero cases of regulatory infraction.
- Turnaround time on issuance of Security items and quality of investigation reports.
- Unresolved fraud cases in relation to previous year.
REMUNERATION: Highly Competitive.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.