CredPal is a financial technology company that provides credit cards for consumers to meet their immediate financial needs. We are leveraging technology and the retail industry to provide a modern consumer credit solution for Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit & Compliance Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an Internal Audit & Compliance Officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines.
- Your duties will include reviewing processes, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations.
- The ideal candidate will be professional, highly-analytical, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To prosper in this role, you should be fluent in risk management and our industry’s principles.
- To review and create new accounting and financial controls and other compliance processes in place and make any necessary revisions or additions.
- Coordination of the periodic risk assessment process.
- Documentation of financial and operational processes, identification of risks in such processes, walkthrough and testing of controls, etc).
- Implementation and follow-up of action plan to mitigate risks and address findings from audits and internal testing.
- Management of business compliance requirements in coordination with concerned departments (especially finance, marketing, and operations) and third-parties (Issuing bank, card processor, etc).
- Design of processes, reports and alert systems to detect fraud and anomalies and report complaints.
- Keeping up-to-date with regulations, inform the business of changes when relevant and respond accordingly.
- Collaboration with all departments to develop new processes for products and services
- Participation in new product development to ensure compliant design.
- Definition and maintenance of segregation of duties in various business areas.
- Develop, review, and monitor compliance with the Firm’s internal processes and procedures with regards to finance and other areas of operations including use of office assets, IT infrastructure, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Investigate and report violations of processes and procedures and regulatory standards across the operations of the Firm including but not limited to finance with effective action plans in response to discoveries and compliance violations.
- Report and advise Management on the Firm’s compliance level and potential risk areas with an action plan to mitigate the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in internal control roles in the Financial Services Industry.
- Related professional certifications.
- Knowledge of Data Protection legal requirements and other Financial Services related Laws.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Well organized, persevering, and demanding.
- Creative and flexible, with the ability to understand business constraints and requirements.
- Ability to manage transversal teams indirectly.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online