Internal Auditor at First Independent Power Limited (FIPL)
First Independent Power Limited is a company in the business of power generation in Nigeria located in Rivers State. We own and operate 4 gas turbine power plants within Rivers State located in Trans-Amadi Port-Harcourt, Afam, Omoku and Eleme.
FIPL currently has a combined installed capacity of 541MW. FIPL has a vision of being the largest and most stable…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full Time
- To plan, execute and report on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance-related audits & reviews of FIPL.
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance and operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit in the group.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Coordinates audit procedures to verify that controls are in place
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal Sahara policies.
- Liaises with the external auditor for year-end external audit
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the group
- Provides update on new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g. Basel III, OSFI Guidelines, market risk, etc.)
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant course
- Postgraduate qualification and professional certification equally required
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CIA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, supervise auditors to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem-solving, and timely problem escalation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook
- Proficiency in other accounting soft wares & applications
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good investigative skills
- Quick thinker
- Confidence and Resilience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills