Internal Auditor at Synapse Services November, 2019
Synapse Services is recruiting for fulltime Internal Auditors.
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs and retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, Anambra state and now Niger State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Lagos State
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit. Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility.
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all synapse centres allocated to you and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Flag up any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to Synapse internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse.
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Requirements
- First Degree must be in Accounting
- Certified member of ICAN/ACCA will be an added advantage
- 3- 4 years’ work experience as an internal auditor
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 2 to 3 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Note: The subject of the email should be “Internal Auditor – Lagos “failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Have difficulty applying via above button? You can send applications to [email protected]
About Synapse Services
Synapse Services is a privately owned and managed Center for Psychological Medicine with the head office in the heart of Nigeria. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care as well as t…Know More about Synapse Services
Some Similiar Companies Currently Recruiting
1 Position – Not Specified
1 Position – Not Specified