Internal Auditor II at Family Health International (FHI 360)
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Auditor II
Job type: Full time
- FHI 360 seeks an Internal Auditor to conduct risk-based internal financial, operational, and compliance audits of projects and field offices.
- This role participates in risk assessment activities by gathering data and performing analysis.
- The auditor is a member of an audit team that completes all phases of the internal audit process, including planning, field work, reporting, and monitoring. Based on the findings and observations, this position develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management, makes recommendations to improve controls, and monitors the status of implementation.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government rules and regulations preferred. Knowledge and experience in international development and crisis response context is preferred.
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes compliance risk data as part of annual risk assessment and engagement-based assessment.
- Reviews financial and operational information to develop a risk-based audit scope.
- Performs process and document reviews and attribute testing to evaluate internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Meets with the internal clients and stakeholders to discuss potential risks, audit results, and action plans.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- May conduct investigations of irregularities, as assigned.
- Conducts compliance trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit.
- Familiar with automated financial reporting and applications (Deltek, CostPoint, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, etc) and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Foreign language skill (French, Spanish, Portuguese) is highly desirable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak proficient English.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develops solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Explains basic accounting and internal audit trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues related to internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Proactively communicates and obtains guidance.
- Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Provides recommendations with issues and processes to make departmental improvements.
- Reports to Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred.
- 3 – 5 Years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in an internal audit role.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) and/or international development field experience preferred.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.), SharePoint, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, and other mobile devices.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally, approximately 15-20%.
- English fluency in speaking and writing required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.