Internal Control/Compliance Officer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
Tenece Professional Services Limited (‘Tenece’) is a multi-competency enterprise transformation and technology-consulting firm that combines expertise and capabilities across many industries and business functions to deliver superior value to its clients. Tenece collaborates with its clients, both in the private and public sectors, to build high performance …
Read more about this company
Internal Control/Compliance Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Purpose: The Internal Control and Compliance Officer is responsible for providing an independent evaluation of the activities of the Company and its related entities, centrally coordinating all audit and compliance activities within the companies and ensuring strict adherence to the Company’s internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements in order to promote transparency and accountability, add significant value, enhance risk management, governance and compliance, improve operational efficiency, and strengthen the internal control systems within the operations.
- Develop policies and procedures where gaps exist.
- Recommend process and policy formats/templates for different industry.
- Drive implementation and monitor compliance.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of all operating procedures, company controls and compliance measures to determine any potential hazards or breaches of conduct.
- Review the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting, financial controls, audits, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Create a yearly internal review plan with senior management.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary sitting where required and must be objective in judgement.
- Assess the adequacy of asset and monitor proprietary systems or applications to prevent unauthorized access.
- Report all findings to management with recommendations for improvement, and upon approval, implement strategies to induce such change.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Train staff on best practices.
- Serve as a liaison to external audit agencies; staying current on relevant regulatory changes in industry, state or federal law.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, accounting procedures and processes.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work interdependently with a team.
- Flexable to thrive and willing to learn in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to research and make appropriate recommendations.
- Microsoft Office software is a plus
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Experience: 4/5 years experience in the role a reputable auditing firm.
- A professional certification: Certified Internal Control Auditor or ICAN/ACCA.