Internal Control Officer at IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited
IBILE Microfinance Bank Limited is a fast-growing Microfinance Bank with designed fitting financial products to meet the diversified and dynamic economy of the micro sectors in Lagos state. The bank is managed by industry seasoned professionals with the objective to facilitate financial inclusion services, serve the Micro Small and Medium Scale industry (MSMSE) and empowered to grow and sustain the gross domestic product (GDP) of the fifth largest economy in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos.
Employment Type: Full-time
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank’s accounting system and internal control policies.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank’s internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the CSP, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client’s business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank’s assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience; working in a Banking or Microfinance banksetting.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft Excel, Word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge in existing regulatory framework and best practices in internal control and audit.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the Job title as the subject of the mail.