Inventory Control Manager at Sun Metal Industries Limited
Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminum, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminum alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organization of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Control Manager
Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
Reporting Line: GM
Direct reports: All Inventory and Warehouse Staff
- The inventory control manager is responsible for directing the company’s inventory control and inventory record accuracy programs that include the execution of inventory management strategy.
- He / she performs a variety of duties aimed at ensuring that all inventory used for manufacturing goods are at required levels.
- Responsibilities comprise managing, controlling as well as monitoring the activities related to inventory management. It also includes interacting with the personnel involved in various functions like material planning, warehousing, inventory control, master scheduling, receiving and shipping, etc.
- To provide the necessary leadership that is associated with building as well as maintaining a strong inventory management workforce.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
- To manage and coordinate the activities of all the staff members engaged in inventory control and inventory record accuracy.
- To execute the strategic inventory plan and to manage and supervise the processes developed by the material management department in order to align with the corporate objectives.
- To lead the organization’s inventory related teams and provide leadership for training and development of departmental personnel.
- To maintain inventory as required by the sales and operations planning process, customer requirements, production schedules and corporate inventory management objectives.
- To review the current inventory positions for the raw materials, packaging materials, finished goods and to provide monthly summary of the same and to present it during the meeting.
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met.
- Keep a constant check on stock levels
- Any other function as may be assigned by the GM and GMD
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Work Experience
- First bachelor’s degree / HND in Business Administration, Logistics, Accounting, Economics or any Social Sciences.
- A Master’s degree or an MBA will be added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years relevant post-graduation experience 3 out of which must be in management level.
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Time Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.