Inventory Management Supervisor aty Egbin Power Plc
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recuriting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Management Supervisor
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To maintain accurate inventory and ensure that material resource requirements are available upon request to staff by efficiently storing and issuing these items as may be required.
- Receive and issue store items after ensuring proper and adequate documentation
- Create and maintain a catalogue of goods in stock, their description and location to facilitate easy retrieval
- Determine inventory demand and maintain adequate inventory level at all times
- Conduct regular stock inventory exercise noting materials that are out of stock and prepare periodic activity reports
- Maintain accurate records of all activities and transactions
- Prepare agreed activity and performance reports on a timely basis, for the attention of the Store Manager and other relevant parties
- Ensure thorough inspection of received, stored & dispatched goods to avoid discrepancies
- Develop unique strategies for and coordinate inspection of goods delivered to prevent discrepancies
- Identify visibly damaged stock on receipt and follow laid down policies in reporting / treating such
- Obtain necessary sign offs on delivery documents from delivery personnel / suppliers as acknowledgement of receipt
- Determine appropriate space and location for the receipt of stock
- Understand the nature of stock to be delivered, determine and prepare necessary conditions for smooth and speedy stock receipt
- Provide regular reports / updates as required for management attention
- File documents and correspondence, and maintain security of documents pertaining to requisition, procurement, etc.
- Testing and comparison with specifications mentioned in the purchase order
- Ensure safe custody of materials in store
- Notify stores manager of out of stock materials and materials below minimum stock
- Coordination with custody, risk management and codification groups in stores.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Numerical Sciences, Accounting or Administration
- Five (5) years relevant work experience in a similar position.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of inventory valuation and management tools, concepts and techniques
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- An analytical mind with strong numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Knowledge of material handling and packaging
- Knowledge of inspection plans and techniques
- Knowledge of specific and general terms and conditions of a purchase order and contract
- Knowledge of insurance and claim procedures
- Knowledge of material accounting systems
- Understanding of vigilance policies and procedures for scrap management
- Knowledge of other store functions.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.