Inventory Officer at 54gene Nigeria
54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Officer
Job Type: Full time
Department: Logistics & Supply Chain
Reports to: Procurement Officer
- We are seeking an organized, diligent, and responsible inventory coordinator to join our growing team
- In this position, you will manage inventory through the use of a computerized database system. Your primary objective will be to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain a high level of inventory accuracy and to monitor and control inventory with complete integrity.
- To manage, maintain inventory parts and budget and to review the patterns of demand, supply and to take decisions accordingly.
- To work with procurement officer to expedite backlog orders and delivery dates.
- Coordinate warehouse operation and provide system support and related stock taking activities.
- Responsible for making sure that all the incoming and outgoing deliveries are completed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible to tracks orders, records purchases, maintain the database and makes it a point to count the inventory physically.
- Preparing the statistical reports related to inventory price, balance, shortages, etc.
- Responsible for requisition and maintaining the inventories of products in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for compiling the inventory information like the rates of tests, progress, materials that have been used etc.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Proficient with computers and other standard office technology
- Familiarity with SAP enterprise resource planning software
- Attention to details, proficiency in Excel.
Qualifications and Requirements::
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations, Logistics, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
Application Closing Date