Inventory Officer at Myrtle Management Consultants Limited
Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an ideal provider and one-stop source for an extensive range of dry and frozen foodstuff in Nigeria. As a licensed Shandling business they cater to the provision of grocery and other supplies to ships and oil tankers.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inventory Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client is looking for a competent Inventory Officer to monitor and report on the company’s inventory.
- Your job is important since the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is critical for the attainment of business goals.
- A successful inventory officer is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities.
- They possess great attention to detail and a business mindset. The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Logistics or any relevant field
- Proven 2 – 5 years of experience as inventory officer or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) will be a plus.
Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.