IPTV / VOD Consultant at Alfred and Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IPTV / VOD Consultant
Employment Type: 6 Months Contract
- IPTV / VOD Consultant will be responsible for the design, testing, integration, maintenance and support of Microsoft Mediaroom on TDS Telecom’s service provider network. Most always Work with contractors, vendor sales engineers, and technical support canter staff to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Provide feedback regarding vendor performance and technology readiness.
- He/she must offer advice and expertise to organisations to help them improve their business performance in terms of operations, profitability, management, structure and strategy.
- Manage the team to perform the contracted E2E IPTV solution.
- Based on the contract project scope, provide clear and detailed project plan.
- Provides technical support for all Video on Demand Systems.
- Provides technical support for Sea Change VOD Systems.
- Where required, develop and drive quality improvement plans for the project.
- Support the IPTV bidding project from service point of view. Including project delivery,
- Works closely with clients and other technical staff to identify and resolve issues or problems that impact the environment.
- Consults with clients and other technical staff on implementations, maintenance issues, and recommends technical solutions.
- Ability to be an effective team player, multitask between customers with different issues enthusiastically.
- Responds to afterhours support calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in Telecommunications Industry
- 3-5 years proven project management experience is required
- 2-3 years of experience in IPTV/OTT/VoD
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues with minimal supervision.
- Industry experience: Telecom/ISP/Enterprise/TV Broadcasting.
- Experience with integration and support of VOD Content Management Systems.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software to resolve VOD failures.
- The IPTV / VOD Consultant designs the video content transmission infrastructure considering the budgetary allocation and also negotiates with the platform vendors and content providers to ensure a scaled delivery of the IPTV services.
- Experience in SRF support activities and troubleshooting of IP related networks issues and tickets (Routers , switches and Firewall etc.)
- Must have excellent communication skills and able to handle end Customers to ensure their problems are addressed.
- Self-motivated with good decision-making abilities.
- Strong logical and problem-solving.
Application Closing Date
3pm, 8th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this will be automatically rejected.