IT Consultant at Grassroot Researchers Association (GRA)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) was inaugurated in Maiduguri, Borno State, in 2009 as a response to the insurgency in northeastern Nigeria. The organization was formally registered with the federal Corporate Affairs Commission in 2016. It was initially conceived as a flexible association of independent grassroots researchers from different professio…
Read more about this company
Call for IT Consultant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Consultancy  , ICT / Computer
Reference Number: GRA – GCH / BAY / 05 / 03 / 001
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Project: Strengthening Social Mobilization and Accountability towards Ending SGBV and VAWG
Activity: Generation of Clearing House IT System in Borno State
Type of Service: Short Term Consultancy
Number Required: 1 Consultant
Consultancy Duration: 1 week
Terms of Reference
Development of Clearing House IT System (Case Management System)
Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA)is a non-profit rights-based organization committed to ending sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in North-eastern Nigeria and assisting victims of SGBV in accessing services, maintaining a decent standard of living, acquiring appropriate knowledge and skills, enjoying the fullest possible extent of human rights, and leading a long and healthy life. GRA provides evidence-based grassroots interventions towards promoting social accountability, community-based prevention and response towards ending SGBV and violence against women and girls (VAWG).
GRA is partnering with UN Women in Nigeria to implement a 2-year project funded under the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) and EU-UN Spotlight Initiative on Ending Violence against Women and Girls (Spotlight Initiative) in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State. For more information, visit:www.grassrootresearchers.org.
In November 2020, UN Women Nigeria partnered with Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA) on the WPHF Spotlight funding in strengthening networks and groups on social accountability mechanisms and tools to more effectively mobilize to end SGBV and VAWG in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno State.
The project titled “Strengthening Social Mobilization and Accountability towards Ending SGBV and VAWG” aims at (1) Supporting women’s rights groups and relevant civil society organizations to more effectively use social accountability mechanisms to support their advocacy and influence in preventing and responding to VAWG, including SGBV/Harmful Practices (HP), and Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE); (2) Strengthening and empowering women’s rights groups and relevant civil society organizations representing groups facing intersecting forms of discrimination/marginalization to design, implement and monitor programmes and policies on VAWG, including SGBV/HP, and promote women’s and girls’ Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR); and (3)To promote advocacy for GEWE and ending VAWG, including SGBV/HP.
The project will contribute to the elimination of SGBV/VAWG through the creation of a broad partnership with Civil Society, Government, Private Sector, Media, among others; and, build a social movement of women and girls as champions and agents of change at the national, subnational and community levels.
- The overall purpose of this call for consultants is to develop an IT prototype that will be used as a case management tool and a response to end SGBV/VAWG and other human rights abuses in Borno State.
- The objective is to Set up an IT-Based Clearing House System for receiving cases of SGBV, VAWG and other human rights abuses, coordination, documentation and assignment, referral and tracking of social accountability measures and tools including accountability [litigation, traditional justice etc.] psychosocial, psychotherapy and healthcare services to victims working with identified service providers [state and non-state actors] and the social mobilization groups.
Requirements (Qualification and Profile)
- The consultant must have a minimum of a degree / diploma in Case Management Information, Information Technology Management, Gender Studies, International development, or a related discipline.
- The consultant is expected to have a good knowledge and experience in GBV Case management systems,
- Be conversant with using of excel sheets to create online tools for the collection and tracking of service provision
- He/She must be very knowledgeable about Excel Sheets, with a minimum of 2 years experience in case management on GBV issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) and CV addressed to “The Executive Director, Grassroots Researchers Association (GRA)” via: [email protected] and copy [email protected] and [email protected]
Proposals should include:
- Applicant’s CV and EOI that demonstrate relevant experience and be saved in the applicant’s full names for example, “Anna Joseph CV” “Anna Joseph EOI”
- All inquiries should be forwarded to the Spotlight Project Manager via [email protected]