IT Service Desk Engineer at Workforce Group
Workforce Management Centre Limited is a Management Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm.
Following its inception in July 2004, Workforce Management Centre Limited (Workforce) has built an enviable reputation as the leading indigenous management and professional services consulting firm in Nigeria. Drawing from its Deep Domain Expertise,…
Read more about this company
IT Service Desk Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Manage the first level (L1) support for the client to support the ICT infrastructure and applications.
- Local management of networks, applications, and infrastructure in line with the Client’s Regional IT standards.
- Internal: Business users throughout the company including all related
- sites, locations, and remote users. This relates also to any business units & locations where the company is providing a support function.
- External: Third-party providers of ICT items including hardware and service. This includes, but is not exclusive to, computers & laptops,
- printers (including leasing companies), telecommunications, network devices, servers and infrastructure (cabling, ICT facilities, etc.).
- Receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving requests from business users in a timely manner, using the company’s (both Regional) IT service desk ticketing application(s);
- Escalation, where necessary, to the appropriate party depending on the nature of the request or issue (including the data center change/issue management team, and other third-party teams);
- Maintenance of business user accounts in line with IT control procedures (including new starters, movers and leavers);
- Carrying activities for adequate system and hardware maintenance according to Regional IT standards;
- Installation, support and routine maintenance related to all deployed hardware, software and network applications;
- Ensure supporting records are kept up to date, including back-up logs, asset registers and data related to user information;
- Developing and adhering to the Service Level Agreements with all client’s software users
- Maintenance of support documentation and ensure this is available to business users.
- Current technology and practices related to Microsoft (MS) maintenance for Active Directory;
- MS Windows system administration;
- Technical knowledge of internet and telecommunications solutions;
- Experience of MS SCCM deployment;
- Experience of Service Now desirable (not required);
- Knowledge of SAP GUI installation desirable (not required);
- Working knowledge of IT-related infrastructure.
- Good level of secondary education
- Certification in Microsoft and/or Cisco technology and/or network related disciplines desirable.
- Three (3) years’ experience performing service desk operations;
- Experience with providing support across multiple sites and remote users;