Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: English Teacher
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
- The English Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction in English Language to students in JS 1-3 and SS 1-3 students in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to English Language
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed/B.A in English Language. Any higher Degree or qualification in the field is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology
- Good interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Good command of English Language (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in use of Office Suite like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and Letter of Attestation from their referees (in Microsoft Word formats) and scanned credentials to “The Human Resources Manager” via: [email protected] and copy to “The Principal” via: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020
Note: Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate.