Job Openings at NERI
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
North East Regional Initiative (NERI) is an International Development Organization
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Liaison Officer
- Reporting Officer
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Kaduna
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Location: Kaduna State (Kafanchan)
The Liaison Officer will support NLCB’s management of national, state and local stakeholders, specifically in Kaduna and Plateau State. The Liaison Officer will coordination with USAID, NLCB, State and National Governments, donors, and other development actors, as well as Nigerian Security forces, including the military and police, as necessary. The role will ensure that the program maintains strong relationships and improves coordination with all government and civil society stakeholders. The position is based in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
This position will report directly to the Chief of Party. Upon request, the Liaison Officer will also provide information to USAID/OTI and the broader USAID Mission in Abuja. The Liaison Officer is expected to engage directly and support the Program Managers and the Security and Conflict Analyst with triangulating information and facilitating contacts with authorities and critical stakeholders in their intervention areas.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaising between partners sectoral offices, NLCB, and actors in Middle Belt states on an ongoing basis via email, phone, in-person meetings, etc., as required.
- Work closely with the Security & Conflict Analyst to provide timely inputs for the security reports and contribute to data analysis.
- Conduct field visits across the Middle Belt to strengthen relationships with existing stakeholders, build relationships with new stakeholders, and contribute to activity development, implementation, and monitoring.
- Work with the COP to troubleshoot issues and address concerns of stakeholders and build engagement and buy in for program activities in the Middle Belt.
- Assist with USG trips to the Middle Belt, including confirming meetings, taking GPS coordinates of proposed sites, etc.
- Attend other relevant committees, sector-working groups, implementing partner or informational meetings in the observer role, and provide critical points/updates in NLCB’s periodic reports.
- Attend to and support other related duties, as reasonably assigned by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Operations Manager, or USAID/OTI.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies, development studies, social sciences, or similar field.
- Three (3) years of practical work experience.
- Practical experience in writing reports and other communications, in the English language, in a clear, concise, and coherent manner; especially with an international organization.
- Proficient use of a computer and basic programs, i.e., Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, for generating reports and other communication.
- Established networks with key state and national government actors, development actors, and Nigerian security forces in Kaduna and Plateau States strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse array of professional relationships with various actors in Kaduna and Plateau States.
- Self-motivated and willing and able to work independently, providing timely deliverables in a quality-oriented manner based on agreed-upon formats and templates.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa languages required; proficiency in other languages spoken in Kaduna and Plateau states preferred.
go to method of application »
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Kaduna , Plateau
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Job Location: Kaduna State (Kafanchan) or Plateau State (Jos)
The Reporting Officer is responsible for telling the story of the NLCB program to distinct audiences through the development of compelling communication products. S/he will oversee the production of activity monitoring reports, biweekly, quarterly, annual and impact reports, success stories and snapshots. The Reporting Officer will work in close collaboration with the Media Unit and contribute storylines on photo and video products.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Reporting Officer reports to the Media Producer. The Reporting Officer should expect to receive guidance directly from Creative’s HQ Communication team, as well as the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party. The position will be based either in Kafanchan (Kaduna) or Jos (Plateau), with expected travels to cover activities across Kaduna and Plateau States.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with senior management and with input from Creative HQ Communications, develops and/or revises the annual Branding and Marking Plan that includes goals, identification of key audiences, channels and outputs.
- Under the supervision of the Media Producer coordinates meetings at least once a week with the program and monitoring & evaluation teams in the field offices to define reporting priorities and set timelines for submission.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, recording summaries in Activity Notes captured in the OTI Web-based Database.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned and success stories to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field, lessons-learned from previous activities, and changes in the political and economic environment.
- Ensure that reports are in accordance with project communications plans and support project objectives.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Content Production & Dissemination
- Designs and produces communication materials as needed for project activities, including newsletters, press releases and media briefings.
- Takes a lead role in editing the biweekly, quarterly and annual report, coordinating reporting from all field offices.
- Develop story ideas based on NLCB activities, interview relevant individuals and produce compelling stories that demonstrate innovation, change, resilience and/or success.
- Identify and manage contractors and/or consultants, such as photographers, videographers and agencies, required to tell NLCB’s story.
- Ensures effective dissemination and distribution of the program’s media products using various approved medium.
- Oversees the execution of integrated communications strategies and campaigns that elevate engagement and awareness among target audiences online and offline.
- In coordination with the Program team, write up to two Project Snapshots per month, according to USAID guidelines and USAID/OTI Country Representative direction.
- Oversees the branding and marking plan for NLCB and works with staff to ensure compliance by the project and appropriate guidance to partners.
- Ensures that all Graphic Design, Photography and Videography activities are in compliance with Creative and USAID’s standards and guidelines.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in political science, international affairs, English, communication, or other related social sciences field is required.
- Four years’ work of general experience with 2 years of experience in a related field is required.
- Self-starter with a creative mind who can work with a results-oriented team;
- Proven writing in English with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style is required.
- Strong editing skills, as well as being able to discern broader subject-matter problems.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa and any other language spoken in Kaduna and Plateau State is preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of social media management and analytics, and multimedia technologies preferable.
- Prior experience producing and editing photo, video, web contents preferred.
Prior Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants MUST submit the following documents to [email protected] by January 26th, 2021:
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love