Job Openings at Nuru Nigeria
Nuru equips local leaders with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty by integrating impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four areas of need:
Inability to Cope with Financial Shocks
Preventable Disease and Death
Lack of Access to Quality E…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Security Officer
- Finance and Admin Manager
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Security / Intelligence
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Supervises: Security Assistant
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: March 2020
Reports To: Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist
- Nuru Nigeria is searching for a Security Officer who will be responsible for implementing all NN policies and procedures regarding security and safety matters
- S/he will continuously assess the security environment and devise risk reduction strategies needed in coordination with Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist.
- The Security Officer will be based in Yola, Adamawa State with frequent visit to the field
- S/he will report to Nuru Nigeria Security Specialist and work closely with the Security Assistant.
- The Security Officer will be responsible for security management as an advisor to the Project Director and will respond to emergency and crises situations where and when needed
- Coordinate and provide training to field staff
- Act as a liaison with the field and administrative office as regard security matters
- Collect, author, compile and analyse security related reports, SOP’s and humanitarian related security information from multiple sources ensuring security posture is current and relevant to the situation on the ground
- Track and report on relevant incidences that occur within and outside NN head office
- Support and develop the capacity of national security staff
- Work with all relevant players on security matters in NN to insure proper implementation of security policies and procedures
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment for staff and visitors
- Ensure all vehicle is equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and with Nuru Nigeria emergency numbers
- Ensure all cars seat belt are working and staff members are following the safety instruction;
- Monitor with Logistic team support the car movement and speed limit of the vehicles of NN with the tracking system;
- Coordinate staff movement in the field – with coordination of Security focal point at the field office
- Ensure NN staff are on a regularly basis updated on security situation in the country & around area where they work – by e-mail, SMS or other existed communication system
- Coordinate with Local security outfits on the filed, attend the Security meetings after approval of Project Director
- Identify with support of HR department Security and Safety training for staff (both National and international)
- Ensure all staff are aware of Nuru Nigeria Country Security Plan, Country Security context and NN security Operation procedures (SOPs).
- Should demonstrate an understanding of how humanitarian safety practices and principles and their application works
- Have a wide network of security contacts and information sources. The candidate should be able to gather information on emerging events and trends quickly and accurately
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by the Security Specialist
- Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent with at least 5 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Fluent in Written & Spoken English
- Basic First Aid training
- Previous experience working in NGO
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Must work independently under difficult conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The appointment will be for one year based on annual contract extensions depending on performance.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
go to method of application »
Finance and Admin Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Yola, Adamawa with visits to field office
Reports To: Project Director
Start Date: April, 2020
Period: 1 year contract with possible renewal
Supervises: Finance, Procurement, HR and Admin Officers
- Leadership of all aspects of financial management, accounts, administration and human resources; monthly budgets, accounts and variance analysis for decision making.
- Prepare annual budget, cash requests and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Implement internal and external audit recommendations, support PWC in preparing year end accounts and oversee external audit.
- Prepare donor budget and financial reports in line with contract requirements, IFRS and Nuru International’s policy.
- Ensure organizational compliance with Nigerian & International finance regulations
- Lead development of financial plans, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial statements and support PWC in preparation of year end accounts
- Facilitate population of monthly and quarterly Dash Boards
- Ensure that a monthly income and expenditure tracking sheets is prepared, submit to PWC in a timely manner
- Review financial processes and procedures on a bi-annual basis
- Supervise preparation of accurate and timely financial reports alongside PWC for donors as required
- Carry out benchmarking exercises and supplier reviews to obtain value for money on its purchases.
Account / Procurement / Payroll Responsibilities:
- Ensure that accounting records and books of accounts are kept up to date and are in accordance with Nuru International/Nigeria’s chart of accounts
- Ensure that all payments to supplies and/or projects are in accordance with relevant regulations and approved plans/budgets
- Review monthly payroll, and ensure necessary deductions and reimbursements are processed against staff accounts
- Ensure that donor funds are received as per disbursements agreements and that expenditure by all staff is coded by unit and donor correctly
- Ensure that bank reconciliation as well as debtors and creditors statements are done monthly
- Ensure that cheque books, purchase order books, invoices etc. are well accounted for and are kept in a safe and secure custody
- Annually review accounting timelines and processes to ensure accounts are being produced across our admin and field sites in the most effective manner
- Ensure there transparent and credible procurement processes are in place
Human Resources / Admin Responsibilities:
- Implementing and revising HR policies and compensation program including annual salary benchmarking
- Facilitate the implementation of 3600 Performance Management and appraisal system for employees
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Ensure proper benefits administration and record keeping/tracking systems are in place
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads, setting interview panels, reviewing JDs etc.
- Oversee new employee orientations and employee relations counseling are conducted
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Coordinate employees travel and logistical needs.
Strategic Leadership Responsibilities:
- Support financial planning, risk management and value for money work within the organization
- Oversee overall organizational performance and people development including the managing of the performance dashboard and Bottom Line Accountabilities.
- Contribute to strategic planning and organizational management as a member of the Strategic Leadership Team as a team player
- Support the Project Director and SLT in the governance, oversight and direction of non-programmatic units
- Support the Project Director to develop and engage the SLT in the strategic growth and expansion of Nuru Nigeria
- Act as a role model to our staff and partners by upholding our values and policies at all times Create and maintain a values-based ethic across Nuru Nigeria to ensure that the Nuru Nigeria’s values, codes of conduct, policies and standards are understood clearly by all and adhered to in practice.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Management or any Social Science / Humanities required
- 5 years of managerial experience required
- Basic experience of Finance, Procurement and admin required
- Experience in strategy development and implementation
- Result oriented and people’s person
- Solution driven
- Critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers most especially Ms Word & Excel and Google Applications
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadline
- A team player with excellent leadership skills
- Very good understanding of office management processes
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and changing priorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.