Job Openings at SPIE Oil & Gas Services, 10th December, 2019
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor * M/F
Ref. No.: 2019-14496
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 6 months
Employee Status: Employee
- We are actively looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our task force to work on the provision of operations and maintenance services of power turbines.
- To check the engineering documents prepared by the contractor – in his discipline – and to give timely comments on and/or approval of, in accordance with contract procedures and requirements. To check the incorporation of such comments by the contractor.
- To check the progress of the work performed by the contractor.
- Perform technical reviews as requested by his management.
- To ensure that all risks are well anticipated and reduced as much as possible by the contractor.
- To ensure that the quality of the E&I erection work complies with contract requirements
- To assess any requests by the contractor to deviate from quality control procedures or requirements and make appropriate recommendation to the Head of hook-up.
- To participate in weekly and ad-hoc meetings with the contractor.
- To liaise with the Structure & Piping Supervisor as required.
- To prepare the daily report in his discipline.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by hierarchy.
- Experienced Engineer with a high technical level in his specialization with minimum 10 years working experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with good experience in engineering designs, in the context of large international project.
- Good relationship with Contractor personnel
- Position localisation
Minimum level of experience required:
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency).
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager – M/F
Ref. No.: 2019-14498
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual Hours: Full time
Employee Status: Cadre
- We are looking for a Deputy Project Manager to join the task force in Nigeria.
- Analyze potential and existing markets in order to identify business opportunities in your field and manage the portfolio of contracts.
- Analyze potential and existing markets in order to identify business opportunities in his/her field;
- Manage the portfolio of contracts
- Manage the customer relationship
- Manage the teams of workers to realize the contracts
- Be responsible for financial reporting.
- Develop strategies to secure more business relations for SPIE Nigeria;
- Develop clients and prospects portfolio;
- Maintain good customer relationship for the future growth of SPIE Nigeria;
- Prepare and present SPIE presentation;
- Prepare and negotiate technical & commercial proposals in accordance with the Company quality process;
- Follow up on business opportunities in his/her field for SPIE;
- -Participate to Business Opportunities meetings.
- Comply with SPIE safety instructions and procedures,
- Take reasonable care of own safety and that of other people who might be affected by the things done or not done,
- Use all safety equipment properly and not tamper with it,
- Report to Management any hazardous situation,
- Report any work-related accident or ill-health,
- Stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings,
- Participate in local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances,
- Take care of colleague’s safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- You have strong technical understanding and knowledge of electrical materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction and/or maintenance process (All Types of inverters, high voltage cells, variable speed units, HV/LV drive motors, Electrical Distribution Network, Lighting, Electrical Power Generation and distribution, etc.)
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Language: Fluent in English, French is a plus
- A qualified Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in construction/installations or maintenance within oil and gas services at onshore and offshore locations, turnkey or existing plant with a good knowledge of industry Codes & Standards.