Job Title: Supply Chain Manager at International Rescue Committee
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries and 22 U…
Read more about this company
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager – Mubi
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Adamawa, Nigeria
Background/IRC Summary: The conflict in North East Nigeria has displaced over 1.9 million people and shattered livelihoods of many more. Since 2012 IRC has been delivering support to communities affected; across Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, with field offices in Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza, Damaturu, Yola and Mubi and a country office in Abuja. With over 700 staff, we deliver humanitarian support and longer term recovery programming in health, nutrition, WASH, education, protection, economic recovery and livelihoods. We work in coordination with State government Ministries, WHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, UN OCHA and other development organizations. IRC is an active participant in coordination mechanisms to contribute to improved impact. The International Rescue Committee (IRC) supports communities in transition to help people whose lives and livelihoods are destroyed by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. We work across five outcome areas; economic wellbeing, education, health, power and safety, with outcomes maintaining strong gender, governance and conflict sensitive components. We currently deliver high-impact and cost-effective solutions in nearly 40 countries.
Job Overview/Summary: The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of the supply chain function for IRC Mubi in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. The positon will directly supervise Procurement, warehouse, and fleet officers in Mubi.
Key responsibilities include procurement management, inventory and warehousing management, assets, properties management and vehicle & transport management.
The position would report to the Supply Chain Coordinator with dotted line of reporting to the Field Coordinator and will work closely and receive technical support from the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Accountable for implementing and maintaining a local procurement system adapted by the IRC Nigeria Supply Chain Department and based on IRC Global procurement policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure each grant has a procurement plan and each plan is updated, discussed with the relevant budget holder and are reported on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate, manage and be accountable for the supply and logistics support to IRC operations, including the efficient, effective and transparent procurement of the required goods and services according to IRC policies and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a reasonable and appropriate lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods, ensuring this lead-time is followed and achieved as per the different grant timelines.
- Maintain transparent and efficient general contracting systems through IRC standard Supply Chain due diligence.
- Finalize Supply Chain Monthly Report, SMT Report and PRTS for final submission to Supply Chain Coordinator.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet for IRC Mubi office. Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program Managers and Field Coordinator.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Ensure that Logistics/Fleet Officer prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage and Spares Expenditures by vehicle for review, general reporting and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance and reporting of all IRC Mubi vehicles according to IRC policy.
- Be accountable for periodic circle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that stock management system is adhered to by the warehouse officer and storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grant or expired items in the warehouses.
- Train warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- Ensure donor reports for stock are complete and submitted to the Grants Department on time as per donor requirement and SCC
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Mubi , which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Define and implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including training of staff and follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to Supply Chain Coordinator for review and feedback.
- Ensure donor reports for assets are complete as per donor requirement and submitted on time to Supply Chain Coordinator for review before submission to the Grants Department for action.
- Ensure disposal of assets is reviewed and implemented on an annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Budget & Finance:
- Participate in proposal design and budget development by identifying and inputting the required operational budget need for project implementation at the state level.
- Work with field staff to identify Supply Chain needs and ensure that issues are raised with field Coordinator to ensure they are included in new budget development.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets. Review Budget vs. Actual expenditure reports and give feedback to Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator.
Training, Outreach and Staff Management:
- Proactively develop the skills of IRC Adamawa staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Practice excellent human resource management, supporting the development, promotion and retention of a motivated team of qualified and experienced staff
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC Supply Chain policies and SOPs for procurement management, stock inventory, and warehousing management, assets and properties management and vehicle & transport management.
- Participate in all grant opening and ending meetings with the role of preparing and presenting Supply Chain plan including warehouse space, procurement plans, required equipment, disposals and reports.
- Implement capacity-building program to strengthen the capacity of Supply Chain staff in Adamawa state.
- Support to identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all Supply Chain staff and provide day to day supervision of department.
- Ensure that each Supply Chain staff has updated job description, annual performance objective and provide corrective feedback of set objectives through regular performance evaluations.
- Ensure that any staff discipline follows a progressive methodology which provides for clear and structured improvement.
- Prepare monthly Supply Chain reports and send to Supply Chain Coordinator and Field Coordinator for review and feedback.
- In collaboration with the Supply Chain Coordinator conduct Supply Chain Assessment and act improvement plans prepared in response to resolve the gaps identified
- Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to Supply Chain matters and ensures compliance with legal requirements
- Participate in Logistics Cluster meetings in Adamawa State.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Procurement offices, Transport and maintenance officers’ warehouse Officers
- Indirect Reporting: Field Coordinator
- Internal: IRC’s Mubi Sector leads
- External: INGO supply chain cluster Partners
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Supply Chain Management
Work Experience: 4 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the substantive area of supply chain, of which at least two years in conflict affected areas. Working experience in North- East of Nigeria will be an added value.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working with grants funded by donors including OFDA, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
- Ability to roll out GSC policies and SOPs
- Demonstrated training and coaching ability
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, VHF, satellite phones
- Knowledge and understanding on quality of care, specifically client rights issues and BCC.
- Demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and strong programme experience.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the development partners community.
- Familiarity with management and monitoring tools is desirable.
- Familiarity and knowledge of emergency programming with humanitarian and resilience angle – Experience in the humanitarian setting is an asset.
- Ability to take initiative and independently respond to situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Well organized and analytical
- Able to work well in a team and to undertake assigned tasks independently
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills in English. Knowledge of local language including Hausa is an added advantage
Working Environment: This is a position for Nigerian Nationals The position is located in Mubi Adamawa. The situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. The situation in Mubi is calm at the moment but remains tense and unpredictable; concerns include criminality. There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. IRC will provide suitable workspace space in the Mubi office, the salary is in line with national level package.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love