Job Vacancy for Head of Operations at Rigo Microfinance Bank
Rigo Microfinance Bank Limited – We deliver unequaled financial services through well trained and friendly workforce; helping individuals meet their financial goals and supporting micro, small and medium enterprises to grow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operations
- Electronic banking operations.
- Detailed knowledge of Banking procedures and policy principles at all levels
- Ability to translate local regulatory requirements into a thorough knowledge of Operational routine in Banks
- Thorough knowledge of Cash Management, Account Services, Clearing and Payment functions
- Extensive knowledge of Treasury Operations and Trade Finance
- Understanding and application of Best Practice in all areas of Operational Banking with ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning / optimisation and process implementation
- Ability to recognise problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them
- Ability to plan & prepare the strategy and annual budget requirements for the operational environment
- Strong planning, organisational and time management abilities
- Leadership, team management, developing and mentoring
- Metrics-driven mindset
- High-level influencing and interpersonal skills
- Relationship building, negotiation, problem-solving and troubleshooting
Key Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Establish and review key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulate action plans to minimize the Bank’s exposure to fraud and losses.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements relating to Banking Operations.
- Ensure that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides and implement operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls to improve service quality and customer service.
- Manage the Banking Operations Department (staff and budget).
- Central Operations – Account Services, Clearings, Payments, Cash Management and Reconciliation
- Card Operations – Account Services, Chargeback & Fraud & Reconciliation of the Bank’s debit card activities
- Trade Finance Operations – Import / Export LC’s, Supply Chain Finance and Invoice Discounting
- Treasury Operations – Forex, Money Market and Derivative Products, FI Transaction activity and 3rd Party Funds / Investment processing
- Manage the Bank’s operational risk exposure by supporting the Business to identify areas of operational risk exposure and by developing and implementing corrective action.
- Design, develop and keep updated the Banks’ Operations Manual and ensure compliance to all operational guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for re-engineering business processes to improve customer service, cost-effectiveness and controls.
- Credit Operations – Loan sanction fulfilment, & administration distribution (Retail, Business, Commercial and Corporate and Institutional segments) whilst ensuring the identification and management of underlying operational risks.
Deadline: 12th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.