JOB VACANCY ( TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER SCANNERS)
An IT Solution Provider is a full-service provider for data collection and information management solutions. Together with our international partners we offer a unique mix of innovative technology solutions and local expertise in Ghana and other West African countries.
Since 2015, IT Solution Provider is the sole West Africa distributor of Scantron Corp. US. We supply Scantron solutions to customers, mainly to educational institutions, in the region. We support private and public universities, examination boards and other educational institutions with digitizing their assessment processes.
For our new office in Lagos, we are are we looking for a tech enthusiast with electrical engineering background who likes to travel. Do you think this might be you then check the job specifications below.
The Technical Support Officer Scanners (TOS) will be responsible for the sales, installation, maintenance and repairs of Scantron solutions in Nigeria. It’s a diverse job for which a combination of technical and commercial skills is required. The TOS will be working from the IT Solution Provider office in Lagos, with regular travel to the Accra office and other international travel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Installation of Scantron solutions (software applications and document scanners) on customer sites;
- Training of end-users in how to deploy Scantron solutions;
- Maintenance and repairs on Scantron scanners as advised by Scantron International and in close collaboration with their Technical Support Team;
- Offering remote support to customers when needed;
- Assisting technicians on the project site with the maintenance and repairs of Scantron scanners, making sure they are all running without problems;
- Identifying opportunities for the sales of Scantron solutions in Nigeria. Sales targets and bonuses apply;
- Maintaining good business relations with existing customers;
- Identify and attending to business cocktails, conferences and seminars.
- Any other activity that lies in line with this job description and the companies activities.
Capabilities and skills
- Background in electrical engineering (a must);
- Proficient with Windows operating systems, current and past;
- Familiarity with C++ programming (preferable);
- High mechanical aptitude;
- Being able to prepare a presentation and do live demonstrations of our products;
- Willingness to travel/passport;
- Being able to work independently and in a team;
- Good commercial skills;
- Fluent in English.
Chief Executive Officer of Think! Data Services.
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th of February 2020