Job title: Junior Finance Assistant
Job description: Assistant Finance Officer – Ikeja, Lagos (Nigeria)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide work flow in the finance processes by ensuring efficient and effective documentation in line with Country regulations; being proactive in the management of the financial processes, through a rigorous accounting and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Ensure that all journal entries are posted correctly.
2) Regular updates to financial statements and reports
3) Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable
4) Prepare monthly payroll.
5) Regular follow-up on all outstanding debts for specific customer accounts in liaison with the respective sales staff and Credit collections team
6) Verify facts of all transactions before processing for approval
7) Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the finance department.
Maintain records of all financial transaction and correspondence s in the requisite files (invoices, credit notes, remittance slips, copies of withholding VAT and any other accountable correspondence)
9) Ensure that collections and banking are done in a timely manner.
10) Follow up on overdue payments and maintain accurate records of all debt collection activity.
11) Involve the sales team in risk management and collection of overdue payments, providing them with appropriate information.
12) Assist with resolution on client complaints on billing.
13) Carry out periodic stock and inventory checks
14) Develop and maintain strong working relations with the sales and operations departments
15) Perform any other duty as may be assigned to you by your Supervisor from time to time.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
Regular follow-up on all outstanding VAT/ WHT receipts for specific customer accounts in liaison with the credit control team.
Verify facts of sales alterations before any payment confirmations & proforma invoices are issued.
Ensure adherence to policies and procedures of the finance department.
Ensure that billing instructions are clear and strictly adhered to, especially on the Cartrack platforms (CAMS)
Timely preparation of finance reports.
Maintain accurate records of all customers financial standing with Cartrack.
Ensure accurate reconciliation of customer account and amicable resolution of customer complaints.
Perform any other duty as may be assigned by your Supervisor from time to time.
a) Qualification: Minimum B.Sc degree in Finance or
Accounting Option and Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) ACCA with CIA and CISA certifications
b) Experience: At least two years in Financial Accounting in a
Medium sized organization.
Location: Ikeja, Lagos State
Job date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 04:30:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!