Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry) at Dangote Group
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
The Group’s activities encompass:
Cement – Manufacturing / Importing
Sugar – Manufacturing …
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
- Commercial Manager, Alternative Fuels
- Method of Application
Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience None
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Logistics
Job ref.: IbesePlantLogistics001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP – Logistics
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks weight are accurately captured and documented, with focus on time, in order to meet up with customers demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and Cross-check the relevant documents presented by the driver on climbing the scale.
- Ensure proper truck positioning on scale before commencing weighing process.
- Inputting the details information from the delivery note submitted into the system, that includes driver name and truck number.
- Unblocking of stock transfer order documents.
- Confirm truck weight while on scale before saving the transaction.
- Scale in the truck with correct information, capture details and save the transaction on the system.
- Record the details of the weigh in transaction into record book.
- Confirm accurate weight of loaded truck before updating details on the system.
- In case of truck loaded above / under tolerance limit, inform the supervisor for further action.
- Scale out the transaction with correct information, update same, save and generate waybill / weighment ticket for empty / loaded trucks using system.
- Record the details of weigh out into record book of every single transaction.
- Give hourly report update as per the number trucks weigh in/out.
- Proper filling of all necessary transactional documents.
- Generate report at closing hour and submit same to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards
- Perform any other duties assigned by weighbridge supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
go to method of application »
Commercial Manager, Alternative Fuels
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job ref.: TechnicalService-HO-001
Department: DCP – Operations
- Finding and securing supply of commercial and industrial wastes with negative cost to Dangote Cement Plants in Nigeria.
- Self-generate by Identifying and qualifying leads, as well as defining the exchange for value and mapping variety of wastes like Commercial + Industrial (C+I) waste for AF (Alternative Fuels) and/or ARM (Alternative Resource material), especially negative costs wastes with a view to maximize revenue.
- Develop strategy for Dangote Cement AF mapping, and establish programs targets for AF C+I waste.
- Develop suppliers by establishing supply contacts (agreements); and prepare waste classification while ensuring compliance with environmental regulations regarding waste management.
- Develop good customer orientation and excellent relations with stakeholders like the Government authorities, Communities, and plant teams.
- Make the planning for the plant and produce reports to track financial performance of AF use for Nigeria.
- Carry out market intelligence and risk analysis, investigate various product life cycle and anticipate key business development opportunities, while ensuring a sustainable market development (production, collection, disposal).
- Keep abreast of and constantly update the AF community of developments in relevant waste management techniques.
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in Economics, Environmental, Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Alternative Fuels field, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar function/position in a cement plant.
- Knowledge of Waste management.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes and recoverable wastes.
- Knowledge of Materials life cycle and end of life use.
Skills and Competencies:
- Negotiating Skills.
- Marketing & Customer Service.
- Fluency in English.
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal relations.
- Numerical Analysis.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Paid Time off
- Training and Development
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love