Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Utilities Technician
Job Requisition ID: 842676
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- The Utility / Facility Technician together with other technicians provides process and technical support to the machine crews in order to maintain and optimize asset process stability and develop crew’s process knowledge to achieve safety, quality and productivity targets.
- Ensure compliance to all departmental and plant safety rules and regulations. All non-conformances should be dealt with immediately all unresolved issues must be raised with Utilities Engineer. Follow the correct WSWP and Process Instruction for all tasks performed. Carry out continual development of process optimization to ensure safety.
- To support production by providing uninterrupted power/utility supply to the production assets.
- To continuously work on improvement plans to upgrade/improve the utility asset performance and capability.
- Ensure all documentation, including generator, air compressor and dryer is recorded properly and systematically to provide optimum reliability of the asset are recorded properly and systematically to provide optimum reliability of the asset.
- To assist with maintenance activities on all utility equipment and installation.
- Recommend spares requirements to the Utilities Engineer.
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all cooling (HVAC), water and facility equipment.
- Carrying out preventive maintenance, identifying and repairing faults on facility equipment
- Ensure all documentation, including air conditioner, water system and sewage system, recorded properly and systematically to provide optimum reliability of the asset.
- Performs Fitting and assembly assignment on piping’s, facility equipment including the use of hand tools.
- To ensure that facility spares are available and ready for use when required.
- Carrying out energy usage monitoring and improvement activities .
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of mechanical/facility equipment to eliminate failure
- Documentation, including air conditioner, water system and sewage system, recorded properly and systematically to provide optimum reliability of the asset. Ensure that all plant Fire Protection Systems are fully operational and conform to GRC and FM standards.
- Execute all sprinkler protection and other fire regulations plans as recommended by GRC during annual audits .
- To ensure that facility spares are available and ready for use when required and recommend spares requirements to the Utilities Engineer.
- HND in Engineering or equivalent tertiary education.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on power generator, HVAC system, Air Compressors, Dryer, high-speed production equipment/ process experience is mandatory
- Safety knowledge
- Good knowledge of OHSA regulations pertaining to Utilities and Construction.
- Knowledge of Fire Control Systems and Regulations
- Building and Utilities Maintenance Experience.
- Contractor Management Experience
- Personnel Management
- Working knowledge on HVAC, effluent system and building maintenance
- Working knowledge Gas generator, Air compressor and Dryer
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online