Kwik Delivery – We are a new start-up platform company in the logistics market in Nigeria committed to offering reliable and secure parcel shipping services within large metropolitan areas.
Operations started in Lagos in Q2 2019. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Data Analyst
Who You Are
- You are a talented, smart, passionate and experienced/certified Business Data Analyst capable of analysing and interpreting data for business performance across all business lines at the shortest time under little or no supervision.
What You’ll Do
- Analyse the structure of a business, how it uses technology and what its goals are.
- Evaluate changes and updates to source production systems.
- Identify gaps in different processes and implement process improvement initiatives across the business improvement model keeping track of where cost can be better optimized along with the workflow.
- Coordinate with departments and units to ensure adequate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using data tools, platforms and analytics tool kits
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Design and supervise the development of management, operational and financial dashboards to track KPIs in liaison with relevant departments.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Assess tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assist with strategic decisions on new systems
- Generate and analyse reports from single or multiple systems
- Analyse Kwik’s processes and/ or operations in order to improve efficiency and automate where possible
- Involve in special projects and provide ad hoc / special analysis as required (e.g. revenue recovery efforts, review of business practices)
- Use historic, current and predictive data to identify growth opportunities, translate complex findings into business terms and communicate to management
- Develop strategies for analytics to build advanced data visualizations and analytical models
- Move analytics models from development to production
- Research best practices, develop implementation plan of operational and cost improvement strategies, assist in seeking, evaluating and implementing new technology.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets
What You’ll Bring
- Graduate of Computer Science, Maths or Statistics with relevant certifications
- Proven 2 – 3 years working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to remain organized, driven, and focused on multiple projects at a time
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and their potential to deliver business benefits and knowledge of different project life-cycles and software development approaches.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Ability to use data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Efficient use of data processing tools: R(dplyr, etc.), Python (Numpy, Pandas, etc.), Spark
- Machine learning algorithms (e.g. k-nearest neighbors, random forests, ensemble methods, deep neural networks, etc.) and when it is appropriate to use each technique
Life at Kwik
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Competitive salary
- And more.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply