Laboratory Advisor Consultant at Jhpiego Nigeria
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
“What are we aiming at?”
That’s the question our first president, Daniel Coit Gilman, asked at his inauguration in 1876. What is this place all about, exactly? His answer:
“The encouragement of research . . . and the advancement of individual scholars, who by their excellence will advance the sciences they pursue, and the society where …
Read more about this company
Laboratory Advisor Consultant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Scope of Work
- The Laboratory Advisor Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Director and will be responsible for leading major engagements and activities with relevant stakeholders on HIVST market expansion to include multiple pre-qualified WHO products, coordination and engagements with the laboratory unit of NASCP, MLSCN and other key partners and stakeholders.
The key tasks for the laboratory advisor consultant will include:
- Lead stakeholder engagements on market expansion to include additional WHO pre-qualified HIVST kits in Nigeria and support their evaluation as needed.
- Lead project’s support for confirming the pathway to new product registration, including potential stakeholder orientation to World Health Organization’s Collaborative Registration Procedure
- Support the review of current in-country procedure and process for IVD pre-qualification and registration to align with CRP.
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders on quality assurance/quality control for HIVST kits.
- Periodically engage with key regulatory agencies on addressing regulatory barriers to HIVST kits expansion.
- Provide technical support to relevant stakeholders on evaluation of new products
- Build capacity and provide other technical assistance on HIVST as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project director.
Required Skills and Competence
- Bachelor of Science/Health Science Degree in Medical Lab Science. Master’s degree and fellowship of the MLSCN is desirable.
- Deep knowledge of the HIV laboratory landscape including professional relationship with key stakeholders
- At least 10 years of cognate experience with HIV laboratory programs and NGOs.
- Vast understanding of the intricacies of the public sector laboratory system and familiarity with key stakeholders, donor agencies, and implementing partners is required.
- Good knowledge of the CRP and current issues with evaluation and registration of IVDs in Nigeria
- Full registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to attain milestones, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and effectively promote information-sharing, collaboration and cooperation
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent advocacy and communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Laboratory Advisor Consultant” as the subject of the email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love