Laboratory Supervisor at a Sustainability Development Outfit
A sustainability development outfit with offices in Lagos and Port Harcourt requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
- Oversee general laboratory activities
- Ensure all lab procedures and documentation are up to date and followed
- Periodically review and update laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Periodically conduct checks on entire lab performance
- Supervise entire lab process from sample receipt, documentation, quality control and reporting
- Ensure laboratory equipment are In functioning state and regularly maintained and keep proper service and maintenance records
- Monitor and keep stock of reagents
- Identify and alert management on training requirements for staff
- Ensure HSE practices are maintained in the laboratory
- Ensure the laboratory maintains a high level of professionalism that ensures integrity of data generated from the laboratory
- Provide periodic laboratory reports to the company’s management
- Provide annual laboratory reports In November of each year (or other time as requested by management)
- Make recommendations on measures to improve the laboratory operations as and when required
- A minimum of a second-class upper degree in Industrial Chemistry, from a recognized university. A master’s degree and membership of the institute of Chartered Chemists of Nigeria will be added advantages. Experience
- Applicants must have laboratory experience of not less than 5 years. Persons with less than 5 years laboratory experience need NOT apply.
- Proficiency in the use of general chemical laboratory equipment and facilities.
- Proficiency In the use of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Ability to work with statistical packages such as SPPSS, MINITAB and any others
- Demonstrable leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and a fast learner.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.