Laboratory Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Jigawa
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Job Type: Contract: 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to MSF protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.List item
- Essential Laboratory Technician Diploma / Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience essential.
- English language and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service.
- Monthly Gross salary of N280, 592 (Two hundred and Eighty thousand, Five hundred and Ninety-Two Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Method of Application
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on docs.google.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love