Laser Machine Operator at Alfred and Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laser Machine Operator
Location: Ogba – Ikeja, Lagos
- Laser machine operator (metal fabrication) works to manufacture metal products using machines that employ lasers and computerized equipment.
- The operator often uses laser cutting and punching machines that make metal shapes and holes to fit other parts.
- Reading and understanding blueprints and mechanical drawings.
- Perform typical laser cutting operations.
- Select proper cutting programs, and proper fixtures.
- Establish proper stop location, adjust laser beam focal point
- Make proper set-ups for cutting operations.
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required.
- Perform all dimensional inspections.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Knowledge/use of appropriate tools to keep machines in operation.
- Addressing machine malfunctions in an efficient and expedited manner.
- Chart machine performance and administer routine checks/maintenance.
- Ensuring that projects are implemented/completed according to timelines.
- Plan the sequences of operation to achieve optimal precision and tolerances.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in Trade test
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Industrial mathematics
- Tooling and tool maintenance
- Computer-aided design (AutoCAD)
- Attention to detail; adherence to all standards of quality and safety.
- 2 years of laser operator experience.
- Training in general safety, electrostatic discharge awareness, foreign object damage.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.