Latest Jobs at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
Communication Officer – Volunteer
- Job TypeFull Time
2 – 5 years
- Job Field
Internships / Volunteering
Media / Advertising / Branding
- Communications Officers write and distribute content to promote an organization’s brand, activities. They act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind
- The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events
- The Communications Officer should be able to think creatively and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. In addition, the Officer is expected to have social media skill
- He/she will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to follower, manage our Organization’s image in a cohesive way to achieve our visibility goals, be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Collaborate with program and communication team to ensure organizational visibility in public eye.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor people’s reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (In Design/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager with the NGO sector
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
go to method of application »
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Internships / Volunteering
- The Program Officer will be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization.
- He/She will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
- You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing project funding proposals.
Program Officer Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantees.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project implementation.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
Program Officer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management in the NGO Sector
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- In-depth Understanding of project management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application and addressed to the “Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation” via email to: [email protected] indicating “Communication Officer Volunteer – Kogi” OR Program Officer-Volunteer in the subject line.
Note: This position is open only to applicants residing Kogi State, Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.