DStv Online are the digital pioneers who marry video and technology to bring you the best possible entertainment experience across all platforms. The DStv Online team takes the heaps of awesome entertainment and services that exist in the MultiChoice stable and delivers it to customers via breakthrough technologies.
Providing a range of services through our successful websites DStv.com, SuperSport.com and Mnet.co.za amongst others, we also shaken things up with products such as BoxOffice and DStv Catch Up – two of the most successful VOD services on the African continent.
If you haven’t heard from us by 29th June, please consider your application to be unsuccessful
Position: PR and Communications Manager
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic individual to join our team as a PR and Communications Manager, who will implement the agreed-upon strategies in regard to the
business’ internal and external communications, marketing, public relations, and events.
You will have a strong understanding of the industry and regulations, and have experience in both brand and stakeholder communications.
Your job will include the following, but not be limited to:
Issue Management – Deal with crisis management by developing and executing a strategy effectively, and will anticipate/predict an potential issues happening by scanning the broadcasting, internet and media environment. Develop and manage strategic content, core messages, position papers and Q&As in response to issues. Ensure consistency of responses to issues across the business as well as aligning these with the business strategy.
Customer communication – Assess, evaluate and provide input to customer communication. Develop core messages and operational Q&As to support Customer Care with the introduction of new customer products and services for its frontline employees.Evaluate key customer complaints and establish trends in order to develop a responsive communication approach.
Social media communication – Develop and manage strategy to deal with issues in all Social media. Monitor and develop an approach to respond to blogs that are critical to the company. Review and manage all responses on the DStv forum and ensure that they are aligned with the business strategy and company core messages.
Corporate positioning – For internal and external stakeholders. You will direct and oversee the positioning of the company as well as employee communication. Ensure that all messaging across internal and external media platforms is consistent and in line with business strategy.
Stakeholder management – Identify those that are critical to business success. Plan for, and manage, an engagement approach to strengthen relations with stakeholders. Alignment of stakeholder engagement with business and Corporate Affairs strategy and priorities
Media supplier management – Management of PR agency performance. Continuous assessment, review and enhancement of media monitoring and analysis services . Identify strategic media stories to be shared with execs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years corporate communication experience
- Understanding of Stakeholder communication and issue management strategies
- Consistent delivery of quantifiable results in stakeholder communication
- Track record of leveraging senior level relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of all media including social media
- Project and supplier management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of broadcasting environment
- Crisis management experience including media and employee communication
- Ability to translate business understanding into communication interventions
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Client engagement
- People and supplier management.
Position: Social Media Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who loves and thrives in the Social Media environment. You will be a Social media junkie with deep knowledge of and interest in social media, including a curiosity about latest industry trends, technology and changes. With a can-do attitude you will be the voice of the company on social and digital media, and will continuously generate great content, create new ideas and campaigns, and measure how effective those ideas are.
With an innate curiosity about the latest trends, technology and changes, your role will include the following but not be limited to:
- Constantly monitor discussions and comments on social media channels & respond/ interact as much as possible in a very upbeat and friendly manner
- Manage and actively follow social media and other digital marketing methods and integrate new ideas and methods into the organization’s approaches.
- Maintain FB, Twitter G+ and WeChat accounts (content & imagery & engagement)
- Maintain social media content calendar
- Proactively and creatively engage customers
- Stay up to date with industry news
- Identify and engage with brand advocates
- Identify and engage with industry influencers
- Compile monthly reports (metrics in those reports)
- Feed social insights back into the business
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years in Social Media Management.
- Experience working with social media tools and techniques required.
- Knowledge of and experience in using web analytics tools and implementation (google analytics, Radian 6, Hootsuite, Lithium).
- Be flexible
- Have strong writing skills and attention to details in order to write effective copy in different styles.
- Be organised, creative, use initiative and be a strategic thinker with ability to multitask.
- Motivated to get involved with new projects
- Integrate as a member of hybrid teams.
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills (including grammar).
- Be a great problem solver. Know how to best communicate the company’s message on different platforms.
- Strong research skills. Know what is happening in the fast changing world of social and digital media.
How to Apply
Use links below to apply