Latest Jobs at the Workplace Centre Limited
The Workplace Centre Limited – We are a World Class Skills Development and HR / ICT Consulting Services organisation that adds significant value to our clients and society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Grade Level: Asst. Manager
Industry: Financial Sector
- Drafting and vetting of legal documents, including contracts, MOU’s, Agreements and Insurance Bonds.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Provide well researched legal opinion ensuring legal risks are appropriately identified and resolved.
- Manage all aspects of litigation portfolio of the organization (including review of statement of claim, defence and witness statement on oath).
- Follow up on progress made by Retained External Solicitors in cases handled and obtain regular updates on court appearances and out of court settlements where applicable.
- Review of contentious Claims files and advise the Company on the legal implications thereof.
- Gives legal advice to staff to ensure the best legal approach is taken for business ventures. Advises them on matters of national law.
- Assist all departments in review of legal matters including personnel /employee relations and customer relations as requested.
- Promote strong relationships with partners and clients of the corporation. This could mean acting as a liaison between partners and work groups
- Maintain good relationships with industry regulators.
- Draft Company Policies and Procedures that are designed to ensure that the Company and its employees comply with required laws and regulations.
- Take active involvement on driving and implementation of best practice procedures within the Company.
- First Degree in Law (LLB) from a reputable institution and BL from the Nigerian Law School
- Minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience as a Legal Practitioner (2 of which must be in a Law firm)
- A higher Degree(s) or relevant professional qualification(s) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Laws especially emerging and new areas of Laws
- Knowledge of the Insurance Act, NAICOM Act, Companies and Allied Matters Act amongst others
- Knowledge of the Nigerian legal system
- Legal document drafting knowledge
- Skilled in reviewing and advising on statement of claim, defence and similar litigation documents
- Communication skills (oral and written)
- People Management skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Legal document keeping and maintenance.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Kumasi, Ghana
Industry: Social Enterprise
- Bear full P&L responsibility, ensuring growth targets (revenue and profitability) are met
- Work with the Board and Senior Management Team (SMT) to evolve and define the company strategy. Operationalize the strategy, ensuring high quality execution across all levels of the organization
- Report regularly to the Board, enabling them to properly govern the organization and engage with strategic decision making, leveraging their wide array of expertise
- Further the culture of innovation, accountability and operational excellence, gathering ideas from staff, stakeholders and peers and bringing them to life in the team, to help continue growth in the Organization.
- Continue the development of the team, identifying both formal and informal opportunities for team members to grow their experience and skills to advance the organization
- Ensure evaluation and improvement structures remain appropriate to the size and momentum of the business, to enable a culture of continuous improvement
- Leverage technology to ensure high quality data and detailed analytics are at the heart of all decisions made across the business, making us more efficient
- Effectively source, test, evaluate and scale new opportunities to improve the business across all departments
- Continually improve the quality of environmental sustainability, including, but not limited to, complete circularity in waste management, bringing relevant industry innovations into the value chain as appropriate.
- Manage investment into the organization, with the Board’s support, to reach scale ambitions, brokering and maintaining relationships with funders and building long-term sustainable partnerships
- Take on active management of the Team seat on the Container Based Sanitation Alliance Steering Committee or any equivalent, contributing to sector development and exchange of ideas and skills
- Develop an improving supply chain for all products and services required to deliver the highest quality service to our customers
- Ensure the safety of all stakeholders of Organization, maintaining all necessary licenses and procedures are in compliance with the relevant law and developed to ensure that the safety of all staff remains a paramount consideration
- Develop a robust marketing department with a clear marketing strategy to further accelerate Teams growth.
- Work closely with funders/investors to ensure reporting requirements are met and a strong relationship are maintained.
- Continue to drive fund raising activities to ensure the organization is funded for expansion.
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree is expected, with an Advanced Degree a bonus
- Experience growing a social enterprise or purpose-driven organization to profitable scale – effectively managing change and mitigating risks in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets effectively. Comfortable reading and interrogating various financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, financial model etc)
- Demonstrable ability to lead large teams effectively to execute against ambitious targets repeatedly – you give clear direction and motivate colleagues appropriately, understanding that individuals may require different strategies
- Clearly demonstrated commitment to the improvement of society and social services within Ghana
- Experience working with low-income communities in a commercial setting
- Experience in the WASH/sanitation sector is preferred
- High levels of humility and integrity – someone that will do what is right, not what is easy. This must be coupled with a willingness to listen, to understand the nuance of various situations to allow the best insights to be gathered and acted upon
- Deep customer focus and desire to deliver the best service our customers get across any service they receive
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing leaders within his/her teams over time, identifying and extracting potential from colleagues and peers
- Ability to grasp technical concepts when working with experts and oversee a strategic planning process involving technical complexities. Ability to convey technical concepts to non-experts.
Job Title: Head, Corporate Planning and Strategy
Grade Level: Senior Manager
Industry: Financial Sector
- Initiate and coordinate innovative, qualitative and business-focused research and development projects, identifying industry trends, regulatory direction, growth and expansion opportunities and implications for the company and present findings to MANCO and EXCO for further analysis and decision- making.
- Keep abreast of new developments, next practices, regulatory policies, competition, and other initiatives within the industry and the Company’s Technical Partners and ensure appropriate strategic alignment.
- Coordination and planning of strategic management retreats and performance review sessions
- Provide strategic support to the Managing Director/CEO
- Provide support to various business units within the Company in conducting process review and re-engineering initiatives aimed at improving organisational efficiencies and ensuring exceptional service delivery.
- Provide strategic support to the Human Resources department in driving specific organisational transformation initiatives to improve corporate and individual performance.
- Work with Finance Department to identify ways to improve financial performance across various product lines and sales channels by recommending implementable strategies to expand the Company’s market share across the various distribution channels and product lines.
- Take active part in the development of new income generation channels for the company and monitor products performance on a continuous basis.
- Engage relevant stakeholders i.e. customers, shareholders, industry partners, regulatory agencies etc. on strategic issues and matters which impact on the corporate objectives and goals of Organisation.
- First Class or 2.1 in any numerate or business-related discipline
- Postgraduate Degree in Business or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience (5 years out of this must be with any of the leading business consulting firm)
- Sound knowledge of Business Analysis and Strategy, with industry experience in leading organisations
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Insurance Market, competitor products and services and the socio-economic factors that influence them.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of Insurance Products and Services.
- Experience in synthesizing multiple information sources into a coherent framework for addressing business opportunities or challenges
- Experience in leading and executing complex strategic and operational initiatives for large organizations
- Experience in working with and advising senior-level executives.
- Knowledge of Insurance Products and Services
- Financial Management knowledge
- Strategy Formulation and Execution knowledge
- Stakeholder and Relationship Management
- Compliance and Operational Risk Knowledge
- Performance Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong Presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Leadership and People Management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 18th June, 2021.