Latest Vacancies at Plan International
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children.
The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil W…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Nutrition Distribution Assistant
- Method of Application
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 3 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field Driving
Contract Duration: 4months (With Possibility of extension)
- The purpose of this role is to provide transportation services to Plan International staff in a safe, courteous and timely manner on the SHOW CE project in Sokoto state and as assigned.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria. The post holder will contribute towards the operational aspects of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Vehicle maintenance and management:
- Clean vehicle and perform routine checks to ensure it has proper working tools on a daily basis.
- Refuels vehicle using an approved fuel voucher and records this on the vehicle log sheet timeously.
- Parks vehicle safely at designated place at the end of each working day not later than 6pm.
- Ensures that after hours travels have prior formal approval by the admin department.
- Ensure vehicle movement log book is filled timely and regularly.
- To report immediately to the Admin officer, all accidents or issues involving Plan International vehicles.
- Compliance to the motor vehicle and travel policy provisions of Plan international Nigeria.
Staff and material transportation:
- Transports staff and designated people to all areas as instructed and with approved vehicle request forms.
- Ferries goods to required points as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure vehicles have necessary materials such as umbrellas, first aid box, map, fire extinguishers etc.
- Ensure that all Plan assets are not left unattended in the vehicle whilst parked.
- Files in accurately vehicle log books and submits to the Admin Officer.
- Prepares monthly vehicles’ maintenance reports for allocated vehicles.
Other services provision:
- Dispatch and deliver all documents between Plan and other service providers.
- Assist in sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Dispatch of goods and materials to various projects offices to facilitate program delivery without any reports of loss or destruction of items
- Comply with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
- Have a basic knowledge of the organization mission and values, staff roles in order to support and direct visitors to the appropriate staff.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with staffs, managers, visitors and partners.
- The position is based in Sokoto state. The incumbent will work in a Development context supporting the delivery of life saving aid to people in need and would require some level of travel outside of base and also some work outside normal work hours.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Class B drivers’ licence.
- Advanced or Ordinary level certificate
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vehicle maintenance and driving.
- Work experience in an NGO setup will be an added advantage
- Any relevant certification in driving / clerical services will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate wide knowledge of the road network in Sokoto and the other North western states.
- Confirmed and demonstrated successful experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship with both internal and external clients
- Proficiency with PC’s and computer programs including Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to speak good English and any other language is an added advantage.
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi- task.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Good time management skills.
- Maintain image of the organization by example and outmost professionalism.
- Show courtesy and respectful towards individual, colleagues, superiors and visitors.
- Be dynamic, patient and a good time keeper
- Ability to listen and pay attention to details.
- Good team player.
go to method of application »
Nutrition Distribution Assistant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Locations: Pulka and Gwoza; Borno
- The Nutrition Distribution Assistant is responsible to assist the nutrition assistant and nutrition officer in distribution of fortified supplementary food and implementation of the nutrition activities in compliance with plan international Nigeria and UNWFP policies for an effective and smooth running BSF program.
- The Nutrition Distribution Assistant will work under the direction of the nutrition officer in collaboration with nutrition officer and will collaborate closely with other project staff employees within the commodity department.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Nutrition distribution assistant is responsible for assisting distribution of supplementary food commodities on the field according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by Plan International.
- Nutrition Distribution assistant will be part of a distribution team responsible for ensuring a smooth and clear distribution process, from enrolment to disbursement.
- They are responsible for monitoring beneficiaries’ enrolment, verifying their identity card, registration, exiting and distribution.
- During disbursement, they will be responsible for monitoring the process together with Nutrition officer and Nutrition assistant. This will include spot-checks on beneficiaries’ identification.
- Conduct sensitizations, providing key messages related to the programme objectives, organization of distributions, the use of the products and other messages related to IYCF.
- Screening of nutritional status of children under 24 months in their designated project sites and refer SAM cases to health / CMAM centres.
- Coordinate and collaborate with female community mobilisers in implementing follow-up of defaulters from project and referral of SAM cases to OTPs and stabilization centres in project locations.
- The nutriiton Distribution Assistant will distribute supplementary food to children under 2 years and pregnant and lactating women (PLW).
- The NDAs will be responsible for filling in the BSFP register at distribution point, ensuring quality of data to be sent to the Nutrition assistant and officer for further analysis.
- Correctly and technically admit / discharge PLW and children following approved BSFP guidelines
- Collect and track weekly data at community level, including the results of MUAC screening during house-to-house visits.
- Submit weekly / daily nutrition, health and distribution reports to the Nutrition Assistant for onward sharing with the Nutrition Officer and the Project coordinator.
- Organize and conduct nutrition cooking demonstrations ensure caregivers are aware of the appropriate usage of products
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Nutrition Officers.
- Ensure commodities tracking in collaboration with the warehouse Officer and Nutrition team
- Foresee crowd control, verification of beneficiary and receipt of entitled commodities by the beneficiary in exact amount as entitled in methodology;
- To collect all data needed for reporting after distributions.
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on distributions and assistance provided to beneficiary during distributions
- Ensure that all commodities entrusted to Plan International arriving at food distribution point are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution points. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any (In the field and FDP). All observations must be recorded immediately.
- At the distribution points, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution.
- Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair.
- Ensure at distribution points, commodities must be properly stacked on plastic sheeting
- Responsible to ensure that all necessary distribution equipment’s are available at the distributions point, including forms, ropes, banners, plastic sheets, measuring devices etc.
- Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
- Prepare daily distribution point visit reports and Food Monitors report. This is a MUST
- Ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the office for safe storage.
- Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each distribution point.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilization.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
- Based at LGA level, rare travel with extensively clinical care of complicated and uncomplicated SAM case at general hospital and supervise programme activities at hospital.
Level of contact with children:
- High contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have very frequent contact with children. It is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a discipline such as Human Nutrition, Health, Agriculture, International Development, Business Administration, Sociology and Anthropology, Management and Economics or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 1 years, including managing general Food Distribution & Nutrition projects.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa, Mandara and other languages of the LGA including Kanuri
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’s aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply
- Managing UNWFP-funded projects is preferable.
- Experience working “In-kind Distributions” projects is preferable.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.