Lead Agronomist VP/AVP at Protege Management
Protege Management is a premier boutique Executive Search and Human Capital Management firm that offer both local and international companies bespoke talent and human resource consulting products and services across diverse sectors.
Lead Agronomist VP/AVP
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
Reporting To: CEO
- Lead Agronomist with about 20 years’ experience in Agro & Fertilizer Industry, working with key policy makers like Governments, Developmental Finance Institutions, NGOs and Research Universities in the Agro domain.
- He will represent the organisation in the global agri space and create an impacting presence of the company in the industry by playing an active role in key fertilizer and agribusiness conferences/forums.
- Responsible for building and promulgating the organisation brand and working towards making it a global leader in the sector.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
- Represents the organization at International Forums, Conferences, Fertilizer Associations, Research Institutions and Government programs.
- Representing the organisation view in the global community in relation to the various fertilizer regulations (new and existing).
- Act as a Policy advocate in relation with Government’s Agricultural Policies and influencing government policies for the long term growth of the sector in Nigeria & rest of Africa.
- Keynote Speaker in all the major fertilizer and agricultural conferences/forums.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with high level dignitaries (Ministers’) in all the countries in West Africa, NGOs and DFIs.
- Mentoring the Agronomy team in Nigeria and West Africa and developing white papers on agriculture in Africa to be published in international journals.
- Helps in developing the company’s Marketing Strategy.
- Responsible for identifying innovative products/new advancements in technology and facilitating the implementation of the same in the company.
- Scouting growth opportunities in the fertilizer and Agro-sector which can make the organisation a global leader in the sector.
- Strategizing and development of Product and Marketing concepts including global positioning of the organization Products and Brand.
- Head Agronomy Services
- Marketing Heads
- Govrnment representatives (Agriculture Ministers, etc.)
- Fertilizer Associations
- Developmental Financial Institutions
- Research Institutes
- Tender issuing agencies
- C Level executives of Fertilizer Importers
- C Level executives of Fertilizer Producers
Education & Experience:
- M.Sc in Agronomy (Agriculture/Horticulture/Genetics & Plant Breeding/etc.) from Reputed University with about 20 years’ experience in Fertilizers & Agro Products.
- Experience working with policy makers in the government & NGOs (Fertilizer Policy, Quality Control Bill, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge about Agriculture and experience working in agricultural extension programs.
- International Exposure in Fertilizer and Agro-sector.
- Experience in developing and publishing white papers in international journals.
- Exposure in Africa will be an added advantage.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ideation & Conceptualization.
- Strategy Formulation.