Lead, Cloud Infrastructure at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Cloud Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
- The Lead, Cloud Infrastructure will be responsible for providing Second level support to MainOne cloud customers and overseeing the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the cloud infrastructure and effectively communicating with all stakeholders on pertinent matters including – but not limited to – software deployment, upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, configuration, change management, and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
- He/ She will also assist with developing processes to manage operations, technical standards, and architecture development.
- The Lead, Cloud Infrastructure is also expected to manage operations in line with best practice for the maintenance and support of our Cloud platforms and customer services.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure day to day operations and maintenance of the Cloud Infrastructure
- Making sure that customer SLAs are met, periodical customer reports and updates are sent
- Provide timely L2 issue resolutions and support to Cloud customers
- Ensure 24 X 7 operations of Cloud Services, Disaster Recovery, Scanning and Archiving, Data Repository, and Remote Operations Services.
- Maintain accurate and detailed asset inventory records, Configuration Management and Change Management processes for all Cloud Services.
- Ensure successful backup and/or replication of Customer Data in a secure manner.
- Contribute and enhance Security policies and procedures for Cloud Services.
- Implement System Management Tools to provide monitoring and management of all Cloud infrastructures
- Conduct Research and development (R&D) activities that comprise of creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase knowledge of technologies and services
- Identify, recommend, and implement potential improvements to service efficiency.
- Conduct System Outage Analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Directly manage assigned team.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in large complex information systems and Cloud services with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- At least two (2) years’ supervisory experience of IT Service management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking and systems management.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure public, private and hybrid Cloud is a must have.
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure, AWS, Network, Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies are an added advantage.
Demands of the Job:
- Must be proactive, and able to identify and resolve events before they result in incidents
- Must be a strong leader, capable of motivating a team of engineers to consistently meet world class standards
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to build, develop and train young talent
- Expected to support customers effectively
- Must be a strong communicator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online