Lead, Security Operations and Monitoring at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting (www.michaelstevens-consulting.com) is a leading Management Consulting firm in Nigeria. Headquartered in Lagos with three other offices in Nigeria and one in Accra, Ghana we have over the past 28 years assisted various organisations achieve sustainable business goals in Human Resource Management, Strategy and Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Security Operations and Monitoring
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring and identification of threats through monitoring of end user’s applications, networks, systems, and other access to other assets.
- Lead the planning and design activities for the security monitoring operations, under the directives of the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security policies, standards, baselines
- Monitor, identify, investigate & resolve security breaches detected by installed security solutions.
- Implementation and manage log retention policy across multiple platform and systems.
- Review logs/alerts and reports of all in-place security and infrastructural devices.
- Ensure that sufficient trails are maintained and retained and retrievable for forensic analysis and investigation
- Direct scheduling and ad-hoc security and compliance reporting.
- Monitor and advice on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Participate in security tool selection, pilot and implementation
- Maintain security operation centre awareness program and communicate security operations center action plans and security bulletins
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Computer Science or any related disciplines. (Minimum of 2nd Class Lower)
- Professional certification like CISSP, CISM, ISO27001, CEH. Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in Information Security with at least (3) years in Security Operations
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection / Skills/Competencies • Security Monitoring (Threat Monitoring, Detection and Response)
- Security and Vulnerability Assessments • Security Incident Management
- Identity and Access Management • Written and verbal communication skills • Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, Resourceful and hands-on with good initiative. prevention systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, NAC, FIM, WAF and DAM etc.
- Demonstrable experience with network security and networking technologies as well with systems, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Demonstrable familiarity with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures), and network/ web-related protocols.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email.