Learning (CLA) Advisor
SoCha LLC is preparing a submission for the USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Activity. This activity is a five-year activity to assist USAID/Nigeria in advancing its broader organizational learning and development efforts. This will be accomplished by further strengthening the Mission’s capacity and performance in programmatic monitoring, evaluation, learning, collaborating, and adapting. The MEL Support activity will closely align with USAID/Nigeria’s new Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) to be launched in the summer/fall of 2020. The MEL Support activity will provide a broad range of specialized technical assistance, training, data gathering and analysis, field-based monitoring, evaluations and assessments, facilitation of organizational learning and adaptation initiatives, and short-term technical assistance. Contractors are strongly encouraged to partner with Nigerian organizations, companies, research institutes, and/or academic institutions to achieve the goals and carry out the activities described herein.
The objective of MEL Support Activity is to supplement and strengthen the Mission’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacity to enhance programmatic outcomes and comply with USAID policies and directives.**
SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of CLA / learning Advisor with expertise in one or more of the following areas: research; learning; Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA); facilitation; or training.
- Coordinate communities of practice meetings;
- Develop summary learning products for executives from detailed evaluations;
- Create syntheses documents from research and technical reports;
- Create tailor-made two-hour MEL training courses;
- Facilitate “brown bags” and learning events;
- Plan and host learning events, workshops, or conferences;
- Establish processes for collaborating with other development partners;
- Facilitate the development of research and learning agendas;
- Help USAID manage its programmatic knowledge; and
- Create “starter packs” for newly-awarded implementing partners to understand MEL
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- 5+ of experience working in CLA, research, learning, capacity building, facilitation, or training.
- 2+ years experience working on USAID Projects
- Experience presenting summary findings and salient points to senior leadership;
- Facilitation and training skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in English; and
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Nigerian Citizens / residents preferred
How to apply:
Suitably skilled and qualified applicants are encouraged to lodge an application via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/ng_cla-specialist/